“Just Okay”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fort Erie
Reviewed September 18, 2013

For the price ($120), this hotel was underwhelming. As we arrived, there was another couple checking in and an we overheard the receptionist saying they were being upgraded to the excutive floor. There was no upgrade for us, even those the hotel was barely full. Nice way to make an impression. Even though we'd requested a non-smoking room, we could smell stale cigarette smoke as we made our way down the hall off the elevator. Fortunately, the room did not smell of cigarettes. It met our expectations of having a place to sleep for the night, but next time, we will look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erinontheroad
Manager190, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Erinontheroad,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us, it is through comments like yours we can improve. I can certainly appreciate how you must have felt hearing the guest in front of you got an upgrade and you did not. I don't know what the cercumstances were but I appologize for how we made you feel for we strive to make sure all our guests feel welcome and special. We are a 100% non smoking facility and penalize those that do smoke in our rooms.
I hope that if you are in the area gain that you will give us another chance for I would make sure that you receive an upgrade.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel during a NFL trip in Buffalo.
We booked this hotel from Priceline Express Deal at 69$.
We choosed this hotel because it was near Buffalo (15 minutes).
The room was correct but not up to date. There were 2 double beds, a table with 2 chairs, a old TV (flat screen please!), a sink in the room, A/C.
The mattress was too hard.
The room and the bathroom was clean.
The hotel lobby looks very nice.
The pool and whirlpool was nice, with changing rooms, lockers, shower, sauna, open until 11:00pm.
So I recommend this hotel for a cheap stay near Buffalo and not too far from Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager190, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear B Francoeur,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre. All comments are reviewed with the entire Team for it is how we improve our Hotel and Service.
We are close to the border so it does make it convenient when going to the Buffalo Bills game or for shopping in Buffalo. We do have plans for updating in the future and I hope you will be back to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre several times. I find the rooms to be warm and welcoming and very, very clean.
I had the privilege of staying in two of the suites, which are amazing...especially for the price. The staff is always friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: There are several restaurants nearby. It isn't very far from Niagara Falls and Niagara on the L...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear DSMITH14622,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments from your recent stay. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

About 23 friends and family members stayed at this hotel this past Labour Day weekend for my daughters wedding, which was at a different venue. The hotel staff were very accomodating and pleasant about anything they were requested of. We were very impressed with the cleaniless of this hotel. Especially, the public washrooms!

We recommend this hotel to everyone if their in need of accomodation in Fort Erie.

We did not use the pool or the spa on our trip. However, many other visitors appeared to be having a great time using the facilities.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K8tieM

Dear K8tieM,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. I am glad that you and your family had a good stay during this special time.
Fort Erie is in Niagara's South Coast and has so much to see and do in the area. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed two nights. The hotel has a nice pool and hot tub. The lobby area is pleasant. The staff is very professional. Complementary WiFi and newspapers. The only thing that they need to improve here is the food at the restaurant: it was below average.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Born_yesterday
Manager190, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Born Yesterday,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre. I will certainly share your comments with the entire Team. I apologize that you did not have a favourable experience in our restaurant, I will share this feedback with our Food & Beverage Team.
I hope that if you are in the area again you will stay with us and again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion with our two young boys for three days. The hotel looked nice from the outside and it had a lot of parking space. When we walked into the lobby it was really nicely decorated and spacious. The first thing we saw was an arrangement of chairs and couches by a fireplace. To the right was the check-in desk and to the left was a bar and restaurant. There was also a small games room just to the left of the main doors with a Foosball table and three video games. The staff were very friendly and check-in was fast. There were two elevators and they were also fast.

We stayed in a double Queen room, which was typical in size and layout of most hotel rooms. The decor was pleasant and appeared relatively new. There was a desk near the window and a table with two chairs. The desk had an outlet with various hook-ups and electrical outlets. We didn't bring a laptop, but it came in handy for our two BlackBerry's. We had an area beside the closet with a small counter top, refrigerator and sink. The first thing I noticed was how clean everything was. The room, bathroom, everything was very clean. The wife always makes me check the beds before we even bring the luggage in. The sheets smelled fresh and the beds were immaculate. The air conditioner worked well and the room was very comfortable. The beds were a little low to the floor, but were good for sleeping. The bathroom was typical in layout and again I can't stress enough how clean it was. One thing for those of us over six feet tall was that the shower/bathtub doesn't offer enough headroom. If you're six foot or under it you won't even notice.

The pool area is accessed to the left of the front desk. You need your room card to enter and entrance is gained through the male or female washroom. Both washrooms have a sauna, shower, lockers and a toilet. The pool is a good size and has a deep end of 5'6". No diving is allowed, but it's a great pool for playing with the kids, swimming or just relaxing in the water. At the far end is one of the largest hottubs I've seen. The water is very hot, but once you get in it is nice to sit and soak for a few minutes. We found that the hotel offers memberships for it's workout room and pool facilities, so don't be surprised to find that people in the pool aren't guests.

We really enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OTRC

Dear OTRC,

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your recent stay, the voice of our guests is very important to me! I am so glad that you had a good stay with us and I hope to see you again here at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre. I will ensure I share your comments with my entire Team.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I were there to do some Family History Search. This hotel was in a convenient location. The room was large, including a desk and good lighting. We had breakfast their one morning and that was fine. Front desk service was fast and they allowed us to book in early.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PLESLIE23
Manager190, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear PLESLIE23,

Thank you very much for posting a comment on Trip Advisor about our hotel. I am so glad that you had a good stay and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Erie
Adam's Mark Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
#14 of 25 in Buffalo
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!