“Nice size room & Clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fort Erie
essex county
“Nice size room & Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We travel a few time a year to visit family, in the area. We have been doing this for years. The hotel we stayed at in the past was right in the town our family lived. It was convenient , however the cleanliness was terrible and the place smelled like smoke. I am so happy with the Clarion, it is clean , friendly, with very helpful staff. I am surprised that being a choice Hotel like the one we stayed at in the past that they differ so much in how they are maintained. We will be back again for sure. Thank You for the pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Has a pool, exercise room, restaurant, and a Bar.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rita R
Manager190, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Rita R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and great service and I am glad you had a great stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Jonathan George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
St.catharines Ontario, canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We won a stay here from (EVAC's silent auction!)* Not living too far from here, but rarely, if ever go to Fort Erie* maybe (The Friendship festival mainly) We enjoyed the stay.. Lots of parking. Nice drive in, close to golf, shopping, food :) It is very nice coming in. We stayed in a standard room with our 2 kids. IT was pretty quiet. I did hear a few number of small groups of people loudly coming in around 2-2:30am But I guess they have no control over that.... just never noticed it happening anywhere else we have stayed in the past (since it happened a few times, It did keep me up-wake me up, luckily not the kids*).... but we noticed a wedding was booked here too.. maybe part of their party? Anyways the rooms were clean, nice, comfortable beds - pillows, nice pool- the kids enjoyed it, I think it could have been a tad warmer (for indoors pool) BUT the hot tub was more then warm!! Nice clean area,nice gym) Staff seemed nice-helpful. We thought it was nice, and pretty big for the area. Great food is across the street :)

Room Tip: nice place I dont think you will be disappointed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Green_fam3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are very friendly. The food at the restaurant is good, hotel is very clean. The pool was very clean, the change rooms were as well. The whirlpool was very clean as well but very hot. The price was a little steep in regards to what you get but overall I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Shawna F
Redcliff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

When we arrived, I noticed that there were very few cars in the parking lot. I saw that as a good thing since it would be easy to get a room. Check in was smooth and the woman at the counter was friendly. The room was clean and I noticed that the mattresses looked like they had never been used. I also noticed that the time on the alarm clock hadn’t been changed even though the switch to daylight savings time was over a week ago. Our room had a refrigerator and an old tube TV. The toilet didn’t flush properly and it took a few tries to flush what the last guest had left behind. The flushing problem might be a hotel wide since we could hear other guests flushing several times. Other than that, the hotel was very quiet and I didn't hear anything all night. I thought the bed was comfortable but the pillows were too soft. My wife thought the bed was too hard. My overall impression of the hotel is that it's a clean and quiet facility that's underused..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

yes it needs new furniture, but it is always clean and very comfortable.
It is best to go "off season" and not when there is a hockey tournament at the nearby hockey rink.

The resturant is only open for breakfast and supper, BUT the food is the BEST. (and it is fresh) There is no lunch.

We will go again for a quick get away as the room we take has two bathrooms and a separate bedroom so if guests stop by they are not in your bedroom.

:-)

Room Tip: Away from Highway Higher floors Ask to not be near everybody else! Who cares about the cleaning st...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank margeCanada
HAMILTON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before when it was a Holiday Inn and was always quite satisfied. This time my toilet overflowed at 2AM. It took more than one attempt phoning the front desk until someone answered. Turned out that the only guy on duty was busy fixing problems in other rooms. When he finally arrived in my room he mopped up the bathroom floor & plunged the toilet. He was unable to do anything about the hall carpet which was drenched and was unable to guarantee that this wouldn't happen again. I was clearly distressed but there was no offer of a new room. So I now had a bathroom floor and carpet in the entry hall still wet with toilet water from a flush and I was expected to stay in that room.

I spoke to the front desk the next morning making it clear what I expected. When I returned that night they offered a different room if I was unhappy with the clean up job they'd done. For me that was a bit late for the offer.

Other than this incident the room was OK...nothing special. The bed wasn't the best I've ever slept in but it was OK. There was a table and chairs in the room but no electric outlet near the table, so using a computer was not comfortable. The WI-FI seemed fine. Their restaurant is no longer open for lunch but there are options a short drive or walk away. For me, even if there had been no incident with the toilet, this room is slightly overpriced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank haz7
Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here one night in a King Suite and were very impressed with the room, it was very large, had a fireplace and the whirlpool tub was also clean and in good condition. The bed wasn't the greatest and some furnishings could be updated but overall it was well kept. The pool and hot tub were very nice. The restaurant was good, although it was supposed to open at 5:00 pm for dinner, when we were there it didn't open til 5:30 which turned out to be a bit of a problem for us. Overall, my wife and I enjoyed our stay here, it's very close to the border,and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
#10 of 23 in Buffalo
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,732 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!