“Walk by 5 days a week and finally went in”
Review of Elixir Bistro

Elixir Bistro
Ranked #29 of 328 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Cambridge
Description: Elixir Bistro Cambridge ON restaurant elixir bistro is an intimate casual dining restaurant that serves delicious, comfortable food without pretense and has beena popular destination for residents of Cambridge and waterloo region for more than 11 years. Our dinner menu is straightforward and evenly priced. The service is professional and friendly. Our goal is to make you feel at home, help you unwind, relax and have a great time among friends
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I should have visited Elixer much sooner! Someone graciously gave me a gift certificate and I decided to put it to use last night. Everything was great from ambience to service to the food. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her poached salmon, while I enjoyed the beef bourguignon. Cheesecake for desert was beautiful and delicious. Will definitely enjoy many more meals there!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My hubby and I found this place about 3 years ago. I read a review in the Star and they were spot on. It is a quaint unpretentious little restaurant on Main St. in Cambridge. If you can't park out front there is plenty of parking out back and there is an entrance there as well.
The monthly changing menu is priced well for wonderful food. We have taken friends who always walk away happy.
This past weekend our entire family celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Every dish came out piping hot and excellently displayed. All plates were wiped clean and it was unanimous it was a smash hit. Afterward the chef even gave my sister-in-law a lesson on making the special of the day - Veal Marsala.
If you are looking for a wonderful meal for a decent price and cheerful servers, Elixir is the place to be. Look for the excellent deal for Valentines Day. If you want to impress your special someone $45 covers your entire 3 course meal.

1  Thank Pamela D
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Comfort food meets fine dining. The staff is warm, friendly and passionate about providing their diners with a memorable experience. The food is fresh and creative... I have enjoyed many "firsts" here because I know I can trust the quality. I've eaten at Langon Hall; I've eaten at the Mill. I keep coming back to Elixir because no other local establishment has offered the same balance of value, service, atmosphere and food quality.

1  Thank Jackie N
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Many years ago I lived in the High Park area of Toronto and there was a great French Bistro down the street called Elixir. The food and atmosphere were great. It was a perfect spot for dinner with friends and family. The food was fresh and interesting as well as good tasting. I left Toronto and have lived many places since, finally settling in Cambridge Ontario. Walking down Main Street I saw a French Bistro named Elixir and what a pleasant surprise: it is the same restaurant relocated to Cambridge! The food, service and atmosphere are as great as I remember. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

My wife and I have been to Elixir a number of times over the past couple of years and have never been disappointed by the food or service. One of our favorites in the area!