“Nice meal at the Keg”

Cambridge Keg Steakhouse Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cambridge Keg Steakhouse Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 328 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just to keep it simple, we had good food with prompt service at reasonable prices, for an established steak house.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I like the Keg and I don't even eat meat. They have a great bar menu and make good cocktails. I wish the bar was more lively late on the weekends as Cambridge is a rather dull place otherwise - lol.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was such a great place!! We go out for dinner in Guelph for the most part but we thought we'd try the Keg as we'd never been (only in Niagra Falls which is a zoo). It was excellent food and service. Josh the manager came over to welcome us and as we've never been here before we got a free appetizer. The steak (we both had beef tenderloin) was amazing. Melt in your mouth delicious.

Get the medium if your normally a medium rare person. I always get the tenderloin at the Aberfoyle Mill (its amazing there too) and the medium rare there was the same as medium here. The waiter let us about this also in advance. We both loved our potatoes. I had garlic mashed. Plentiful.

The wine was generous and the atmosphere is excellent. Just how I like it. Dark and cozy and great music that I could hear. Service was also excellent. We went on a Saturday night and it was maybe 8pm and it was still a small wait so I expect that its very busy at 6pm on weekends. No reservations taken Fri or Saturday (they don't need to take them).

All in all a great experience and we can't wait to go back. I hear they are coming to Guelph eventually. Great!!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We dined here for our anniversary dinner and unfortunately it fell short.
We are not picky or complainers by any means, but when you go to a high profile steak house, you would expectt them to get the steak served as it was ordered.
Ordered our steak medium and came it well/very well done.Of course it was taken care of immediately and we were given a new steak within 10 minutes, but now one of us has to either eat in front of the other, or allow thier meal to get cold.
Keg is usually a guarantee for above average food and service, but this time was only average.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you want a great steak, lobster or seafood... the Keg delivers, every time. They have the recipe for super service, great wine and drinks, and super steaks and it is always busy, for good reason.