“Second Time there, was just OK this time.”
Review of Kiwi

Kiwi
Ranked #128 of 323 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Cambridge
Reviewed December 11, 2012

First time I went months ago I was thoroughly impressed with everything. This time we went, the service was slow, the kitchen was even slower. Our app's took 30 minutes after ordering and our mains took over an hour. The service while friendly, lacked in attention. The food had some good points (hot, good veg, obviously made to order). I would go back and give another try as the atmosphere is great and it may have been an off day.

There are newer reviews for Kiwi

Reviewed October 26, 2012

New owners have a brave new attitude and new look. Great wings and nacho dishes. Had a flight of beers there as well. Patio is well worth it. We will be back.

1  Thank Startupguy
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Decided on this restaurant as Tuesday night was $5.97/lb wing night. Nice atmosphere but quite. Service was OK and they did choose an excellent draft for me. The wings were pretty good but not hot...likely precooked and rewarmed in an oven. I bought a second helping to take back to the room but these were slightly under cooked. If I lived here, I would come back for the good beer selection but, I don't live here and I would not come back for the food.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Who knew the Kiwi had breakfast? I was at the Farmer's Market with my husband yesterday and noticed that they were open for breakfast, and always are for weekends now. I was so happy, as there aren't that many options within walking distance for us. I had the Kiwi breakfast and my husband had a Mexican Benedict. Both were excellent, good coffee, friendly service. I was happy to know that they place an emphasis on local eggs and meats, as well as Azores bakery fresh bread! Considering all of these things, the prices are VERY reasonable. It was $25 including tax and tip. I've had to pay more than that elsewhere for sub-par breakfast. This is definitely our new spot!!!

1  Thank 519JennD
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have been a customer of the Kiwi for many years. Unfortunately the decline in service and general appearance of the restaurant in the past few months is disappointing. I have gone serveral times now with the hope things will improve - but I have now given up. The service is adequate, but the atmosphere, quality of food and overall experience is disappointing. I will not return.