“Royal Tea”
Review of Langdon Hall

Langdon Hall
Reserve with OpenTable
Langdon Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 323 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Langdon Hall offers regional dishes and classical cuisine, served in an atmosphere of warmth and elegance. Meals are a pleasantly satisfying mingling of artistic display and hearty substance. The Dining Room at Langdon Hall has been awarded the coveted Five Diamond Award from AAA/CAA. Only a handful of restaurants from around the world earn this prestigious distinction. Come and taste the magic that acclaimed Chef Jason Bangerter is creating. With an exceptional wine cellar, Sommelier Kathleen Moore can recommend a wine pairing to go along with the wonderful seasonal menu. The dining room is a proud member of Ocean Wise, using sustainable seafood products and FeastON incorporating Ontario products and produce into the menu.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We celebrated an anniversary in the private Red Room with the Royal Tea. The setting was wonderful: we were lucky to enjoy a sunny summer afternoon with the garden in bloom, lots of pretty spots for taking pictures. Langdon Hall has all kinds of stylish facilities for meals or drinks, with beautiful views of the gardens and the pond. The Red Room is a large private room, we were pleased with the decor. The service was excellent. I enjoyed the champagne, and the scones, my favourite sweet was the Meringue tart. My disappointment was that we were given the choice of only 3 tea varieties, and the savories though they were pleasant, contained very little filling, barely tasting what they were supposed to be. The food was a bit of a disappointment as I had very high expectations knowing Langdon Hall has won so many awards. But we had a very enjoyable afternoon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Allow me to start by saying Langdon Hall is where I have had 2 of the best meals of my life, tonight was a shocking and disappointing exception! Not only have I never had such an awkward meal but I have also never been so devastated by the cost of such a lack luster experience. $700 for a meal I would have been upset paying $100 for.

Bouche - was alright not exceptional but no complaints

1st course - was a radish tasting apparently pickled none that I could detect. 4 radishes for four people all different in size, tasty radish but again I thought I was in for a 5 diamond meal.

2nd course - 2 spoon's full of one was panna cotta with trout roe and pea shoots which was hard to swallow and the second was gizzard and not too bad.

3rd course was where the whole table began to question if we should just move on it was oyster and a smelly fish tar - tar which non of the four of us ate! the server said all she received was a glair in response to the complaint,

4th course was a turbot not bad

5th course was brown butter and mushrooms which was really tasty but left the entire table knowing we were going to be hungry

6th was lamb Rack our only course of substance which would have been a disappointment had that been the one dish we had all ordered so not a redeeming dish either

than came cheese for the table which was fine,
and pre dessert was delicious, dessert was under cooked wild rice pudding at which point my table was begging for the suffering to end!
but of course to seemingly rub salt in the wound we were sent a complimentary petie four of absolutely stale macaroons which were inedible and were left crumbled all over the table, again several complaints voice without a single remedy.

This will not only be the last time I have Langdon hall in mind for a special occasion but it is the last time I ever recommend or speak positively of this establishment.

I could not be more upset or disappoint in fact embarrassed that people I care about had to be subjected to such disregard at such a high price.

9  Thank Spitzig01
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Langdon Hall is a favourite spot for us because it is so close to home but it feels like it's worlds away. We went again in May for a two night stay and this time we were lucky enough to enjoy their pool as the weather was fabulous. We dined at the restaurant for breakfast and dinner and it was perfect-- as it always is. There were some issues with our room and they were promptly fixed. The service is top-notch and that is one of the reasons we visit so often. Even after my visit when I realized I had left my cell phone charger in the room--it was mailed to me promptly. Thank you Langdon Hall--you never cease to amaze me.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is such a beautiful setting for a special lunch. I had originally wanted to go for afternoon tea with my daughter, but since they were all booked up, we opted for lunch instead. It was just perfect in every way. A warm early summer day, a nice breeze blowing as we sat under the century old shade tree on their beautiful grounds. The lilacs were blooming and the entire setting was so pretty, an oasis in the country just outside of Cambridge. The menu was varied and my appetizer of charred asparagus and arugula tasted as delicious as it looked. My main course of pickerel was 'melt in your mouth' consistency and the little rvioli pockets and sauce and chervil surrounding it tasted so good, I had to soak up the remaining sauce with their homemade bread, breaking my "no wheat" diet with reckless abandon! The service was outstanding and my daughter was able to concoct a complete vegetarian meal with appetizers and sides to suit her needs very well. Desserts were a work of art as well as delicious. I would highly recommend this for a special occasion or just a special treat to yourself - perfect for a ladies lunch or even a romantic day out in the country with someone special.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Interesting menu. I had the lobster which was a whole lobster with the shell removed, in a small amount of sauce that did not overwhelm the seafood.
Complimentary tart appetizers and dessert cookies were delightful.
Greart place to celebrate a special occasion.