Homewood Suites by Hilton Cambridge-Waterloo, Ontario
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We loved this hotel! I love the spacious rooms and kitchen, the kids loved the pool, my husband enjoyed using the gym and we even played basketball! The staff were very friendly and acommodating. We had a slight issue, however, Vanessa the manager went above and beyond my expectations to make our experience positive and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be back!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator shaft.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
bmaccallum, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cambridge-Waterloo, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you and we always appreciate our valued guests sharing their experiences on Trip Advisor. We feel our hotel is quite unique with its offerings, as you mentioned the spacious suites, newly converted salt water pool and newly renovated fitness facility! As well, thank you for your kind words regarding our General Manager, Vanessa. While there are numerous hotels in the area, we appreciate you choosing us for your time away with your family. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We booked a two bedroom suite at the Homewood Suites in Cambridge as we were staying in the area for a wedding. What a lovely hotel. The beds are very comfortable, the suites are extremely quiet (didn't hear a thing through the night) and clean, the staff very friendly, breakfast looked fantastic (we were going out for brunch so only had the coffee - but it was very good), they had everything you need in the kitchen (full fridge, stovetop, coffee maker, toaster, microwave and dishwasher). I will most definitely stay in a Homewood Suites again and definitely recommend this hotel.

Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

We thank you and appreciate you sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay with! We feel our hotel is unique with its offerings, as you mentioned the spacious suites, complimentary breakfast and dinner and while there are numerous hotels in the area while you are on business to stay with, we thank you for making us your "home away from home". We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I went to homewood suites with my husband and son last July. It was our first homewood suites experience. we are hilton honours members and usually stay at a hilton whenever we travel. We were so impressed it looked so good. My son who is a world traveller by now having been to far off places as Turkey and Israel and Florida and Chicago and B.C, Quebec ..... wrote them a note he was only 7 at that time. saying how much he liked it . They totally ignored him. I thought Ok maybe the person at the desk is not child friendly. My husband I awent to get into bed and saw there was fresh blood on the sheets and curly hair under the pillow. we were astounded. we called the desk they sent their property manager guy to come and change the sheets. No apology from managment or that they were at fault. This year again we wantede to go so I thought better the devit you know and I would check the sheets etc. I call to make the reservation and in the middle of my conversation they actually handed the phone for someone else to continue the conversation without a by your leave or excuse me . one minute I was talking to a girl next person answering me was a guy . So I say oh you changed and he says yes.. no explanation, no apology. just handed the phone and answered my question with a curt no and said good bye. so beware check sheets, and the service may be off. on the good side is the breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank nooraakha
bmaccallum, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cambridge-Waterloo, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Cambridge Waterloo. We truly value the feedback of our guests via any vehicle as it really is the truest gauge of how we are doing and we are sincerely appreciative of the time you allocated to communicate your experience. That being said we definitely can learn from your time with us both during your visit and during the reservation process. First of all I would like to apologize that we were not able to thank your son in person for his note, though I do recall this note being read to our team during one of our daily meetings. The entire team was grateful for his kind words, especially when we could tell the feedback was from a younger person. Though admittedly we failed in being able to track specifically who sent that kind note to thank in person before departure, we will strive to do better at this in the future. I am also not clear whether we were able to resolve the cleanliness issue you had during your stay last summer though truly sorry this happened. We hold ourselves to very high standards and would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. During your recent call with our property you were not transferred out of annoyance or bother, rather it was a newer associate on the front desk and we could tell she was struggling to answer your questions. Our intentions were not to make you feel that you were being put off, rather that we were trying to deliver a seamless experience. It’s rather embarrassing now after reading your perspective…going from a female to a male during the call without explanation is not exactly seamless! We have learned a valuable lesson that keeping the lines of communication open for all parties involved is always the best approach. Lastly, as I mentioned I would love the opportunity discuss all aspects of your experience with us further in hopes that we can welcome you back as the esteemed guest that you are! Would you be able to contact me directly at billy.maccallum@hilton.com or via telephone at 519-651-2888 to discuss how we can make this right? Thank you again for sharing your experience and most importantly thank you for considering the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Cambridge Waterloo.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Lots of space in our one bedroom suite. Close to highway 401 which is a plus... without any noise though. Breakfast was very good and is included in price... they even had two staff people working the breakfast which is rare I find. Pool was great for the kids as well. Free popcorn in our room made the kids very happy!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
bmaccallum, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cambridge-Waterloo, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you and we always appreciate our valued guests sharing thier experiences on Trip Advisor and thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay with! We feel our hotel is quite unique with its offerings, as you mentioned the spacious suites and complimentary breakfast (which is fully staffed) and newly converted salt water pool and hot tub and while there are numerous hotels in the area, we are so happy you and your family have chose us to stay with! We look forward to having you and the family stay with us again!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here over the May long weekend. Clean and comfortable. Typical one bedroom suites. Stayed here instead of Hilton garden because I was more confident in getting the room type. Did the African Lion Safari deal - went smooth although I don't think we saved much on the package. Included breakfast is exceptional for this class of hotel - definitely made a difference. I expect the whole hotel would be amazing value if you got the weekday dinner as well. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again

1  Thank broncotraveller
bmaccallum, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cambridge-Waterloo, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

We thank you and appreciate you sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay with for your African Lion Safari experience! We feel our hotel is quite unique with its offerings, as you mentioned the larger suites and complimentary breakfast, and are glad you and your family had the chance to experience that. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Last time we stayed there were some housekeeping issues. This time it was much better and Billy the manager went out of his way to make ammends. This hotel's breakfast was outstanding and better than any I've had. 2 thumbs up for the ladies in the kitchen. For those looking to be close to the highway, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
bmaccallum, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cambridge-Waterloo, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

We thank you for choosing to stay a second time with us and give us the opportunity to "WOW" you! I know the circumstances for this stay were far from ideal, but do hope we made it a little more comfortable for you. Again, thank you for giving us another chance, we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and it is an incredible hotel. We got a standard room - it had a small kitchen with a pull out couch and king bed. Plenty of room. Everything was beautiful - I guessed it must be a brand new hotel, but found out it was 5 years old. Has a wonderful pool with jacuzzi that my son absolutely loved. The breakfast was incredible and the staff was amazing. Especially the staff that served the breakfast. They were so sweet and gave us flowers and chocolates for mother's day. We couldn't have been more pleased with our experience here. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
bmaccallum, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cambridge-Waterloo, Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

We thank you and appreciate you sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! We feel our hotel is quite unique with its offerings, as you mentioned the larger suites and complimentary breakfast, and are glad you had the chance to experience that and am so pleased you even recieved our chocolates and flower in honor of Mother's Day! We look forward to you staying with us again in the future!