“Unexpected but completely welcomed”
Review of Homage - CLOSED

Homage
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a restaurant on the rise; I would highly suggest to anyone looking for a quite spot to eat. The food was elegant but not overburdening. I was able to sample the fish bun appetizer and their burger and have added both dished to my list of top meals ever. The chef greeted the patrons, us included, post meal and was very humble and grateful.

I ordered a beer and was originally a little sticker shocked, however their local craft brews are served in bottles that fill around one and a half pints; so no complaints on that in the end.

The servers were very knowledge and respectful and didn't push or rush us at all, which was nice as our group of friends was having a good time conversing.

The only not-perfect thing was my coffee, which they serve in steppers, and it took some time to darken but in the end was also very enjoyable.

In the end my appetizer, entree, BEvERage, and coffee summed to thrity-one dollars after tax, before tip.

9.9/10, will return.

2  Thank Matt S

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have had 3 meals here since it opened and it is by far my favourite restaurant experience.
The food is second to none, absolutely incredible flavours.
I love the fact that every time I have visited there has been a different offering.
We have always come with a party of 4 and insist on everyone ordering a different dish and sharing.
The atmosphere is simple and serene.
Excellent formula for me.
Thank you for opening a restaurant with this incredible dining experience.

1  Thank Renee F
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Nice trendy restaurant near the Grand river, Southworks mall and the Dunfield theatre in downtown Galt.

We loved the welcoming atmosphere and the attention to detail in the food. I really cant compliment the food enough. From the fresh complimentary rolls, to the fresh arugula salad, and the showstopper fried chicken, I can say I've ever had such great food at one time.

Everything was fresh, and it was nice finding out the ingredients are sourced from local farms & vendors.

Menu Items our group tried: Ham hock appetizer, arugula salads, barley risotto, beef burger, southern fried chicken, Beau's Milk Stout beer, Cider

10/10 Will eat here again

1  Thank M C
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is a great restaurant located right beside the theatre! A few friends and I had made reservations a week before and were excited to try it. The menu features local items which is a great highlight.
The appetizer was wonderful...braised beef ribs in a pasta shell with pickled pear. Didn't think much of the combination until I tried it and it was amazing! A few of us had it at the table and it was a clear winner.
For the main, I was torn between the pork chop or the hamburger...the burger one. I do have to say it was cooked to perfection, served with a side salad and was so large I couldn't finish it! I did have a bite of a friends meal who ordered the pork and I have to say it was the best pork I had ever tasted!
We opted to pass on dessert as we were all so full. I also have to add that the server seemed young however, was great at his job! He really cared about our meal and made sure everything was perfect.
We are eager to visit again...especially since the chef showed us the new Sunday brunch menu and weekday chalkboard menu! The fried chicken and mash sounds great.
Definately worth a visit!

3  Thank OntarioRhonda
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The restaurant Homage, has not only amazing food, but a wonderful feel and environment over all. The mood of the restaurant, is very traditional and proper, yet it's not uncomfortable at all.When I ate there, the server was extremely polite and knowledgeable, and served the table very well, answering any questions we had. He was very attentive, and not at all in the way. Very pleasant service. The food, was out of this world good as well. You can tell, that the owners of this restaurant, have in mind doing everything right, and making the best food and creating the nicest environment possible, and they do a fantastic job. One of the most memorable restaurant experiences I'v ever had for sure.

2  Thank John A