“Varied Review of a Varied Menu”
Review of Brilliant Kitchen - CLOSED

Brilliant Kitchen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was rather surprised to read others' reviews of Brilliant Kitchen. Most recent TripAdvisor reviews are not positive. We had a varied experience here. The décor is beautiful with a lovely ambience and the "collage" of food gives one a variety of choices between unlimited roast beef, crab legs, Chinese buffet, salad bar, teppanyaki or grilled fresh meats and fish, sushi and a chocolate fountain, all for $22.99 on weekends, a comparable price to other buffets. We enjoyed the sushi finding it fresh with ample servings. The salad bar and Chinese buffet was adequate. Servings were small, I feel, to ensure a quick changeover and additions to guarantee freshness.I most enjoyed the teppanyaki bar, although I did have to wait for service when I made my choice from an assortment of fish, shrimp, Angus beef and lamb. The fish was delicious! We had some trouble getting a high chair for our little one as the server's English wasn't adequate enough to understand our request, but a booster seat and then, later, a high chair was given to us to help us contain our toddler. So, in a nutshell, beautiful décor and ambience, mediocre service, a varied menu across many different genres of food, excellent teppanyaki bar, and comparable price for a buffet.

There are newer reviews for Brilliant Kitchen

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I don't write too many bad reviews, I know that the restaurant business is a tough one, but this food is terrible. The staff was very nice and helpful, and the restaurant itself has great atmosphere, but the food is just really, really bad. And expensive. Cambridge has so many great restaurants - this one won't be in business very long with the current product.

3  Thank 5Brokies
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Ate at this place when it was all sushi and not a buffet. Food was great. Went back after they changed to a buffet style Chinese food and left it was so terrible. Service was poor on entry. Waited 5 minutes to have someone cut some roast beef after watching numerous staff pass by. No one present at the grill. In addition food was Luke warm to cold. Took 2 bites and told the manager we couldn't eat it. It was the first time in my life I had left a restaurant after such poor food and service. Should have remained a sushi restaurant and not change! I am guessing they will be out of business soon.

1  Thank MrCools
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We went to this restraint for lunch Friday what a disappointment first the place is nice looking with great décor unfortunately that was the only thing good about the experience the music was loud and terrible my husband has a hearing problem and even with his erring aids off it was too loud service was not bad though it took a while for them to bring water which was served in very spotted glasses the food [what there was of it] was awful some chicken dishes were dry and some more were flavorless ,the salad bar had about a dozen dried up dishes of crap I would not even try, same with the dessert bar, puddings that had been there so long the were turned to jello ice cream containers were empty cept for some crumbs they scraped off the sides and who ever heard of gummy bears and marshmallows on a stick at a buffet.
Not much choice of food and all bad overpriced...

1  Thank shawn l
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We went there for their grand opening. We didn't know that their closed for awhile and Reopen with a a new concept.
We were surprised because it is not a sushi AYE anymore. We were expecting a sushi restaurant, a bit disappointed, but i guess it's better than AYE sushi for cambridge.

The service is very similar. They have this tube that you have to put it up side down for waiter or waitresses  to know that you need help.

The food: basicly it's pretty similar to any other buffet.
Chinese food: like sweet sour pork, some noodles, spring rolls, and some vegies.
They have salad bar, fruits bar, and dessert bars.
The different is the sushi, they have common sushi (the one you can find in every supermarket that sell sushi) the vegies sushi, the California roll, the cucumber roll and something else. Not many choices.
Tepanyaki has 3 kind of meat or 4, beef, fish, pork and chicken. You pick the meat then the chef will cook that for you and you can choose your own sauce. The beef was tender.

I still like their previous AYE sushi.

2  Thank Bebeks