“atmosphere of a downtown coffee bar in a mall location.”
Review of Brown Dog Coffee Shoppe - CLOSED

Brown Dog Coffee Shoppe
Cambridge, Canada
“atmosphere of a downtown coffee bar in a mall location.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great atmosphere and good menu- been to the other two Brown Dogs in Paris and St George and they are all so different in style but with the same great menus, service and value for money. This is no restaurant though, its a proper coffee shop with a great sandwich selection and yummy apple fritters, (though be warned I doubt you would have room for fritters after a sandwich with their ridiculously generous fillings). Service could be quicker, I imagine those in a rush would be frustrated, but it's never been an issue yet, and certainly not any slower than the other two Brown Dogs. Also for anyone of UK origin, you may be interested to know they use 'proper' back bacon, not streaky or peameal, which makes me a very happy bunny, they even gave me the name of their supplier!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 485amanda

Cambridge, Canada
“Good sandwiches, if you can get served”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've enjoyed several different menu offerings from the Brown Dog. The sandwiches are always made fresh and are a nice size for lunch. Coffee is tasty, and the fresh squeezed orange juice and lemonade are great!
My issue with this location is that the service is awful. The last time I tried to eat there, I ended up walking out before ordering, as the counter staff disappeared as we waited in line, with no mention of when (or IF) she would return to taking orders. Definitely not the place to go if you're in a hurry.

• Visited January 2014
Cambridge
“Location doesn't fit the Brand”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The Brown Dog Coffee Shoppe on Dundas street was a disappointment compared to the Paris location.

Large, noisy, strip mall feeling as compared to the feeling of the Paris location.
Service isn't great, the food is ok, but, it just doesn't meet the expectation.

It's too bad, as it is a good franchise.

• Visited January 2014
Ontario
“Very good”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Went there for the first time today and I really enjoyed it. The cheesecake fritter was delicious. My chai latte was great and so was my wife's brown dog hot chocolate. Definitely recommended.

“Worst customer service I've ever received! TERRIBLE!!!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Used to love going for my apple fritters and nice evening with my husband. Today I got the worst service ever. Cancelled my order as we were asked to leave with our order when the doors were opened and customers still inside. Never felt so unwelcomed. They made us feel I was a inconvience to have been served. Will never return. Coffee Culture will love my business.

• Visited November 2013