“Addicted to this place!”

Fusion Indian Buffet and Cafe Lounge
Ranked #137 of 328 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Been here 4 or 5 times in the past month. The buffet is fantastic and I cannot get enough of the Tandori fish and fish Pakora. Butter chicken, chicken masala, it is all great and the prices are unbelieveable. $9.99 lunch, $11.99 dinner!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went to this restaurant recently on a Saturday evening. For $11.99 we enjoyed a good selection of Indian food, well cooked and very tasty. The flavours were good here, nothing overpowering or too spicy but careful as it does take a few minutes but the heat is there.

It's very casual dining but the staff are top notch. We enjoyed a really nice meal but maybe one small comment on the music. It was just a little loud and although it didn't bother me too much, one of our group found it too much.
Would return when visiting the same area again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my first time going to Fusion, had heard wonderful things about the food from a girlfriend and i couldn't wait to check it out and i must say the food spoke to me, amazing indian food you can tell alot of love goes into there food because it was the best i have had, i wanted to try everything but i couldn't there is so much food to choose from but i can't wait to go back, the thought of it right now is making my mouth water lol trust me it is EXCELLENT food. Very simple surroundings, service yourself set up but GREAT FOOD and very friendly servers. I have told a few co-worker about it and they too said they have heard good things about the food. As i said am looking forward to going back again and again .

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been to this place 2x now for lunch. I tried it by myself once during the week, and all was good! Then I took friends with me on a Saturday and it was awful!

It was right at noon and the restaurant was almost empty, ... but the food was packed into the buffet like it was the busiest day on record! Unfortunately, ... about 90 percent of the food was off temperature, barely warm in most cases.

The food was also not fresh. Again, ... about 90 percent of It I am sure had been served the night before.

... so after 2 visits, ... it is hit and miss! Having lots of choices in a cuisine that I am not familiar with seems like a good idea, but not if it is not fresh and hot.

Our waitress was terrible. Did not keep the table clean or refill water when asked. She seemed to like to just stand around the bar at the back and chat with bartender instead of doing anything productive.

I hope this restaurant can learn to do the buffet properly. The food is tasty but they have to work on temperature and quality. No one wants cold greasy foods. My biggest beef was the Naan. When I had the first piece I am sure it was warmed from the night before. Then the cook made a whole tray full and put it out. It was really good, ... but for how long? The restaurant was not busy! Cooking smaller portions of dishes when it is not busy is a must.

Working on the service is a must. No one wants to be yelled at when they come in, ... and I do not want to hear it every time a guest arrives either. Wait staff should be trained to be more attentive.

I really wonder about the validity of ratings of this restaurant. The older reviews reflect more what I experienced than the new ones.

1  Thank MickFergus
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my second visit to Fusion and again I was impressed by the selection of food. Everything was hot, and plenty of it. The trays are always replenished right away when it starts to get low.

I would love to recommend many of the dishes I tried, but I don't know the names. I do know the butter chicken, pakora, and nan bread are incredible!!The hot vegetable dishes I tried were really quite good. I will have to find out the names of the vegetable dishes on my next visit. I'll also have to try the tandoori chicken. It looks good.

We were there on a Monday evening, plenty of seating available yet they still had a study flow of customers. I enjoy the atmosphere. The prices are very reasonable for buffet.

Would definitely recommend, and have done so already.
We'll be back!! Thanks :)