“applebee's cambridge” 5 of 5 bubbles

Applebee's
Ranked #58 of 314 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Canadian, American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In July of 1994, Applebee's Neighbourhood Bar and Grill opened their first restaurant outside of the United States in Winnipeg,Manitoba now known as our Pembina location. Since then Applebee`s has grown to 16 restaurants in Canada and Applebee`s has expanded internationally to 150 restaurants in 20 countries. Applebee's is now the world's largest Casual Dining chain with 2000 restuarants. Applebee's is known for their fun and family-friendly neighbourhood atmosphere along with signature grill & bar menu items that guests can only get at Applebee's. 13 of the 16 Applebee`s are owned by Dynapple Management Corp. These 13 restaurants are located in Calgary AB, Regina SK, Winnipeg and Brandon MB, Windsor, Ajax, Barrie and Cambridge ON. The key to our growth is our continued focus on maintaining quality operations and our involvement in the local communities. Dynapple Management Corp places customer service and community commitment our top priorities. We provide local jobs and participate in community activities such as school fundraisers, child identity programs, special character days, and holiday events. These activities serve the people in the local community. Dynapple Management Corp is dedicated to providing their communities with great restaurants that feature a clean, safe, family atmosphere.
Niagara Falls
“applebee's cambridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is the first time I have eaten at an applebee's restaurant but it will not be the last. The wife and I went into this restaurant and it was a very busy restaurant. I found the decor very nice and to this point the staff was very nice. Our waitress Samantha L was very polite and of course for me was the fact that she actually took some time to talk which is very important. Had in question to ask and she went scurrying around to get me the information which was fantastic. The food was A-1 and was served just the way we asked due to allergies. The price was very good for what we ordered. The thing that really impressed me was the way the staff all pitched in to make sure food came out in the shortest time possible and i mean all the staff from the hostess to the manager, very impressive. All I can say is if you are ever in this area stop in and try this restaurant out as I know i will be back.

Cambridge, Canada
“Better than we thought”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have been to other Applebee location's but had bad experiences. Anyways we decided to try this location near by our home. They have a special offer e.g. $25 for 2 entrees or $30 for 2 entrees. We ordered half ribs and honey pepper steak.....the honey pepper steak was very juicy and tender but the half ribs were average. Also the booth seats were comfortable and service is okay. It's a good restaurant if you don't want to spend too much :)

Toronto
“bad service bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Sept 8, 2013

I took my Grandma and my great uncle for supper at Applebee's in Cambridge the other night. It was not overly busy for a Saturday night, but we had to wait in the lobby for a considerable amount of time before being seated despite a large number of empty tables. The waitress we had was brutal, no patience dealing with seniors and extremely poor manners. She arrived at our table after sitting and waiting for about 20 minutes, she threw the menus on the table saying "you can fight over them", I think she was trying to be funny, but we were not impress. She left us for about 20 minutes before returning. When my Grandma was trying to place her order the waitress rolled her eyes as she struggled to order, I couldn't believe it. Once we all ordered it took close to an hour for our meal to arrive. When it did come the food was cold eventhough the plate felt warm. My great Uncle had ordered fish and chips, he asked for malt vinegar, the waitress huffed and said she would be back, after 15 minutes I got up and went over to the counter and got it myself. The food tasted awful being cold, we left no tip. I sought out and found the manager, I complained to him about the service, food and the demeanor of the waitress. He offered a gift card, but as I explained to him I was not looking for any freebee's but wanted him to know how bad things were. He asked if we would come back, I answered with a firm not in this life time, all the while the lousy waitress was watching nervously as I spoke to the manager. Do yourself a favour, if you are going out for supper in Cambridge and you want good value for your money, try Angels, Fifty's or maybe Casa Greek, you'll find good food and excellent customer service. Don't waste your hard earned money at Applebee's.

4 Thank Goldcoast59
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Decent place for a meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We ate here for our anniversary dinner.

I had the chicken plus shrimp meal. Portion was small and hardly no onions/mushrooms. lots of potatoes. I was disappointed with what I got for the price $16.99 I paid.

Dessert (Blondie) was burnt on the bottom which basically ruined it.

Wife and kids meals were decent and the service was received was average. Server was pretty friendly and nice.

Overall it was a let down compared to previous visits.

Visited August 2013
“Interesting visit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

On my visit to Cambridge for business. It's strange for me to make an upstanding review on a main steam restaurant but, Jordan our extremely talented bartender recommended two outstanding dishes for my guest and I. Being a redsealed chef I would have to say the grade of beef that was used was cooked perfectly. Although the music was elevator material the food was top notch. Kodos too the kitchen staff and to Jordan for being so accommodating. Go be fun with mixology.
Best regards,