“Great environment and great food”
Review of Q BBQ Public House

Q BBQ Public House
Ranked #40 of 321 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great environment and great food”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The place looks great inside and very clean. I had ordered the poutine and the stuffed jalapeno's to start which everyone seemed to enjoy at the table, i then ordered the pulled pork meal with coleslaw and sweet potatoes it was really good. I would definitely return to the Q

• Visited April 2013

“Not so good”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The ribs were dry and hard to get off the bone, the sauce is a different taste on all the meats not a big fan and there was very small portions for the combos the brisket was cut up into little little pecies usally it's sliced longer, overall not that nice of a bbq joint, there service was not so good she made you feel awkward just stood there and didn't say anything until you talked. It's a clean, nice resturant but the food just was not good. I know BBQ and what real smoked meat should taste like and how it falls apart in your mouth, this place lacked in that.
Hopefully they change a couple things before the brantford resturant opens.

• Visited March 2013
canada
“Why go back?”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I try everything that is in my neighborhood usually once! Process of elimination!
I have tried some awesome bbq in the US and even a parts of Canada.
This place really disappoints.
Like others said the portions are very small!
I'm 190 lb guy so I am not some monster guy who can't get enough food! I take quality over quantity any day!
The portions are way below what you'd expect in this food category (BBQ).
Usually bbq places give big portions everywhere I have been.
Poor quality ribs! I had the ribs which had next to no meat on them! Not much taste either!
The ribs were really disappointing! Montana and Swiss chalet are so much better than this.
Also at my table we ordered the brisket which is one of my favorites in most bbq places!
The brisket was somewhat decent quality but brought out rather cool (more cold than cool).
I eat out so much every week and month across Ontario that I just had no interest in sending things back and waiting on this particular day.
Again the brisket was just ok nothing to rave about!, very mediocre.
Now as most others mentioned the sides are tiny!!!
At 4$ each additional side, it is insulting for the portions they give you!
The cole slaw is a joke for $4! Same with the beans!
They should wake up and realize that in Cambridge people are used to larger portions. For ex. Fifties diner and Marina restaurant.
Many places go to the other extreme and give food to feed giants in this town. They don't skimp!
Very few cities in Ontario have this many good restaurants! Lots of choice! For example...Grain of Salt, the Mill, Landon hall, Beertown and even the Keg! Let alone all the excellent places in Kitchener and Waterloo.
I think because of the small portions across the board many will not return to Q BBQ!
The food quality would have to be great (which it isn't) to bring them back again.
Overall the the value and quality of this place does not warrant a return trip!

• Visited March 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Best Smoke House In Ontario”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The food selection, quality and service have been excellent with every visit, the restaurant offers a clean, beautiful & warm atmoshpere. The food selection is excellent (the biggest problem is deciding what to order out of all the choices!) The meats are tender and robust with flavor and the protions are more than ample. Being is Sales I have travelled all over the Southern US and visited many smoke houses along the way and must say the Q BBQ is in my Top 3 favorites.
I have taken numerous customers in for lunch since they opened and all have raved about how much they enjoyed the meal, many have told me they returned for dinner with spouses and friends. I would reccomend the Q BBQ to anyone looking for a great meal at a great price!

• Visited December 2012
KItchener
“VERY SMALL PORRIONS”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

WE were at the Q BBQ last nite and left hungry. 3 of us ordered the Family Platter that was suppose to feed 3-5 people. The food was tasty but the side dishes were so small that you were lucky to get a tablespoon of each of 3 sides . Not large enough to share . I would say that , that platter would feed 1 and1/2 people. 4 small ribs 4 wings and a couple spoonfuls of pulled pork and brisket. For $36.00 it was probably the worst price we have ever paid for what we got to eat
Sorry your food tasted very good but portions way to small for price. The BEST deal in the area is the Lancaster Hotel in Bridgeport (Kitchener waterloo area) BEST FOOD I have ever eaten and a $29.00 platter is too much for 2 so we take home a lot. Oh and they make their own fries Excellent !!! The SIDES are also HUGE .Cant say we will return to Cambridge Sorry.

• Visited January 2013