“Excellent dinner”
Review of Moderno Bistro

Moderno Bistro
Ranked #56 of 345 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Portuguese
Description: Tri-City's best kept secret for outstanding seafood and Portuguese cuisine. Moderno offers a casual dinning experience with uniquely European flair.
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

From arrival to desert and coffee this experience was a joy. The staff was quick to greet you at the door and offer water and drinks as you were seated.
The menu was varied enough without being overwhelming. I had the grilled cod and my friend had the fried fish. Both dinners were served with one side and grilled vegetables. I had the rice and my friend the herbed potatoes.
I enjoyed the rice pudding for dessert and my companion had the cheese cake with berry sauce. Both were very good.
Would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys Portuguese food cooked the traditional way.
Will be back to try other dishes.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Having been raised my whole life in a Portuguese family in Mississauga but settled down in Cambridge, Moderno truly offers a warm and familiar taste of home in a quaint candlelit setting. The Cambridge restaurant scene can be a bit underwhelming, but Moderno is a definite exception tucked away 2-3 minutes off of Hespeler Road. Would highly recommend the Caldo Verde, flaming chorizo, and bief a casa. Food has been consistently delicious. Service from Christina and the other main female waitress there is always outstanding - incredibly friendly, efficient, and charismatic hosts who always are fun to speak to.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

This place is a gem in Cambridge! What a treat to find such a good authentic Portuguese restaurant! I heard from some people that it was good so we decided to try it out. Location is not hard to find just best to use navigation! I loved the steak, it was cooked to perfection as were the sides! Had a Portuguese beer and some amazing desserts! Will try again when they have live music night!

Reviewed December 29, 2017

Had lunch here with a friend, the service was fantastic sweet lady. The food was great, I had the Bifana very tasty.

I would recommend this place.

Reviewed April 15, 2017

While we have passed it many times we have never been in until today. Megan was a very pleasant friendly waitress, she recommended a couple of menu items which we tried and were not disappointed. The food was different and very good. Prices reasonable.
Will go back for sure