“Nice little restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Canada
“Nice little restaurant”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a small restaurant inside the Holiday Inn, Cambridge. The food was fairly good and the service was great. Breakfast was fast and tasty although it was slightly on the expensive side. The porkchop with BBQ sauce was delicious but a bit charred on the edges. On the inside, the meat was still a bit pink near the bone. Because of that, I did not finish the meal. When I mentioned this to the hotel counter staff the next day ( I did not say anything to the restaurant staff), they apologized and took this off my bill - which I think was a nice gesture.

Visited October 2012
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Fireside Grill, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Hello again psl1800!

I’m pleased you were also able to experience our restaurant during your stay but I am sorry you dinner was not prepared properly for you. My only regret was not sharing this information with our server sooner so that we could provide you with another and have you enjoy your meal fully. However, I am glad that the hotel was informed and had removed the item from your bill. I hope you still dine with us again in the future.

Vivian Gomez
Guest Services Manager

Amherstburg, Canada
“Disappointment”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Found the breakfast buffet to be very cold and expensive when you had to pay for extra not included in your room

Visited August 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Indifference By Staff”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We waited well over half an hour to be seated and no urgency shown by staff to any customers.

Over 5 tables were empty and set-up plus more tables that were empty but needed cleaning which was unfortunately hilarious to watch two people trying to clear away dishes and set up the table. Stupidity and lack of effort were unfortunately appropriate descriptors.

One young family who waited longer than us just walked up to the breakfast buffet chose what to put on their plates and all four sat on the floor in the hallway. NOBODY CARED!

We tried to exude patience but when it was our turn to be seated we just left because it did not matter how good the food might be, the service was attrocious and the employees could care less.

This occurred Sunday morning June 24th, 2012 between 9:15 am and 9:45 am.

No apologies therefore they will never get my business.

• Visited June 2012
, Manager at Fireside Grill, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Hello Again, Gary S.

Thank you for posting your thoughts on our restaurant. I am terribly sorry for the service that you experienced and witnessed that morning. I promise that we strive to hire and train our employees to provide the highest level of service at all times, however reading your post shows there were operational deficiencies during this breakfast period. None the less, this is not something our guests should see or experience and I will discuss this with my staff on where we need to improve.

Seeing in your other post that you did enjoy other aspects of your stay, I do hope that if you choose to stay with us again, you would consider dining at the Fireside Grill to experience the excellent service we are known to provide.

Karen MacKenzie
Banquets and Outlets Manager
Cambridge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Jamaican Jerk Burger is a must!”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

When to the Fire Side Grill for lunch and enjoyed the Jamaican Jerk Burger. It was just delicious. Executive Chef Malcolm Henry has a wonderful menu with a wide variety of selections. If you are staying at the hotel or are just in the area I would highly recommend eating here. They serve a great breakfast as well!

• Visited February 2012