“Awesome Burgers”

Cuisines: Canadian, Soups
Description: Funkadeelish burger joint in Cambridge Ontario
Description: Funkadeelish burger joint in Cambridge Ontario
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Awesome burgers and soup although a little expensive considering the lack of any ambience and the neighbourhood. No real gluten free choices

stevechef68, Owner at Little Louie's Burger Joint and Soupery, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for the kind words regarding our food.
We do have numerous options for gluten free customers however.
We typically have at least 5 soups daily and on average at least 3 are gluten free. Our gluten free customers often order our chicken breast served on one of our salads as well. We have our meat ground every morning and if given notice we are happy to prepare a gluten free burger which can go along with a gluten free bun (store bought) which we tend to keep on hand. Our regulars typically give us a heads up a day in advance. If the issue indeed is to cut gluten for health reasons and not an actual celiac problem our burgers are made in batches of 20lb and the gluten content exists in 1/4 cup of soya sauce and a 1/4 cup of bread crumbs so fairly negligible.
That gluten free bun is one of the few items we do not prepare in-house or have our baker make for us. That being said our prices are just a little higher than the average burger restaurant. As I write this, beef prices are skyrocketing and the "chains" are keeping their prices low with cuts to production and shipping, adding 2% lifetime to oil changes, layoffs, bargaining chips with suppliers, and many more things all of which I unfortunately cannot do. I will undoubtedly need to raise my prices a little in the near future as beef futures are expected to rise by up to 20% as early as this spring.
Again I thank you for your words and hope that the quality of product we serve outweighs the minimal cost.

There are newer reviews for Little Louie's Burger Joint and Soupery

Reviewed March 26, 2014

On our way there I felt like I was being lead into a drug lords hood. Never been to this part of Cambridge....but good news is it was a great place. Food was fabulous and busy. A little comment on the low rent district .... I am sure business could be even better if you were located somewhere you didn't need an armed escort. :~) Just my take on the surroundings.
Apart from the fear factor the food was really good.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have driven past Little Louie's countless times and have never ventured in, partly because their hours are not convenient for me (open during days and not nights or weekends) and partly because, in the past, I would drive by and not see many cars in the parking lot. Even after a very good review in the Record I was not able to make the trip as it is not often my business travel allows me to be available for lunch in Cambridge. Recently Little Louie's got some media exposure due to some TV show and it happened that I actually was in the right place (and actually had time for lunch) to try out this eatery.

Wow...

Did I say wow?

OK, first, it is not fancy and has no pretension of being any thing but what it is. A cool, kinda of funky throw back from the 1960s in part because the architecture of the location was once a hamburger joint. It is clean and has a character all its own.And the burgers are so flipping good it could be located in a bad location and people would still come.

It was busy but the attendant at the cash was pleasant, efficient and prompt with the order taking. When you get there grab a clipboard and pencil and customize your food as you like it. There are also specials on the blackboard as well as their soups (which sound amazing and I am not a soup fan), and desserts. You tick off your selections which have the standard mustard and ketchup accouterments to your Joe Average hamburger but Little Louie's has non-standard additions and you would definitely benefit from experimenting with.

Once you customize your order it is rung through. I opted for take out as it was VERY busy. Given how busy it was and how complicated some of the orders can be (due to a client with specific needs) Little Louie's gets your food out reasonably fast and this is not a fast food place.

The attendant actually made a mistake in my order but she competently approached me, apologized and let me know it was coming out soon and would I like a free dessert (cookies and the like). I do not fault her at all. It was busy and she is delivering meals to table from memory and mistakes do happen. What I really appreciated was her frankness and having a solution to offset the inconvenience of the mistake. Very good customer service. Keep that girl!

The secret to Little Louie's (outside of the good meat, the hot burger, crisp fries (frites) for me was the egg bun. Wonderfully fresh. Ever had a good burger only to have it infected by the addition of a dry bun? Not here. The burger was so warm when I got it to the car the cheese was still warm and soft.

So, with the combination of an interesting format to making burgers (and there is chicken and vegetarian choices too) coupled with top quality ingredients and preparation I would rank Little Louie's as a premier place to eat for this category of food.

And last but not least - The staff person was professional and handled my problem very well and it only served to make my experience here a great one.

Hi, thanks for the kind words.
Just a note on our hours.
We are open 11am to 8pm monday to friday.
When we first opened a kind soul with good intent in their heart thought it a good idea to create a facbook page for us. That page had our hours listed from 4 years ago when they indeed were very limited as you mentioned. Our catering company "Lily Ruth" was the main business and the little diner was meant as a place to operate out of. We had no idea as to the following we would receive and because of that extended our hours shortly after. Unfortunately I cannot find or contact the person who created the facebook page and it lives eternally with no way of deleting it or its eroneous info. I have just attached (to this trip advisor page) the proper info to the real facebook page we have created and if you follow us I even post our featuers regularly. I tweet regularly @louiesburger for more up to the minute info.
Again, thanks for the kind words

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I love this little Cambridge gem. I haven't had all the burger combinations but quite a few of them and the burgers are to die for.

2  Thank djbcaper
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I always complain that there is no good places to eat in Cambridge. I am wrong! Little Louie's is great!!!
The burgers were super and I love that there are lots of options for toppings! Our family was very impressed :-)

1  Thank helloreb