“Best burgers in town...”

Little Louie's Burger Joint and Soupery
Ranked #2 of 336 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups
Description: Funkadeelish burger joint in Cambridge Ontario
Description: Funkadeelish burger joint in Cambridge Ontario
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Went to Little Louie's on Oct. 30/13 for lunch with coworkers. The burgers are to die for, lots of non traditional toppings, soft egg buns, and crispy fries too. I hear the soups are excellent but didn't try them. Don't be put off by the outward appearance of the building, inside there is great selection and good value. It's pretty much the same price as going to Lick's but more authentic. Get the 8 oz. burger, the 5 oz is a bit small.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is an interesting burger joint. It feels like it's right out of the 50s, complete with a dusty, gravel parking lot.

I ordered one of their small burgers with a side of soup. The burger was okay but I wish it wasn't served on an egg bun. I don't care for the egg bun's texture or sweetness. I would rather have my burger on a kaiser or Portuguese bun.

My side of soup was the Atlantic Salmon and clam chowder. The chowder won me over. It was delicious. It was one of the best chowders I've ever had.

We may not go back for a burger but we will certainly go back for the soups. And we'd get the big bowl of soup next time.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Yummy I love little louies everything is so good . I dont usually eat burgers but there's are great. Unique toppings and I love the buns. Everyone needs to try the dessert there amazing especially the cookies . Customer service . Is good as well. I ate in and everyone always seemed busy and cleaning not just sitting around. I would go back everyday if I could

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for over a year and have always gotten 1/2 soup and 1/2 salad with my meal. Yesterday i went and was told Icouldn't have it. I explained to the women that I have been doing this for a year. She got the owner, a man came out he was very rude and beligerent. He showed me one inch on the bowl and said that would be what i wanted. I explained i had had this before, he said really would like you me to throw in fries too then laughed at me. He was extremely rude and I was extremely upset to be treated this way. If i had not been with a friend I would have left. Will never go back if that is how they treat customers. Maybe the owner should say out back and not talk to people

8  Thank 771sue
stevechef68, Owner at Little Louie's Burger Joint and Soupery, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I feel the need to respond to 771sue as her comments may unduly influence future readers. Although I am certain that most users of Tripadvisor can figure out merely by reading rave review after rave review and then suddenly a slanderous diatribe written by someone with no other reviews to their credit, I still feel the need to respond.
Sue doesn't have it all wrong however, she just seems to have skipped over a lot of the facts.
My server asked me if we could do a split side dish of salad and soup. Being a brand new server of only 1 week I told her I would talk to the customer. I explained to Sue that it would not be a problem whatsoever, however half of a side soup amounts to very little and it might not be in her best interest to be served a few spoonfuls of soup along with a half side salad. I indeed made a mark 1 inch up the side of one of our 2 inch high styro bowls.
Sue explained she had ordered it exactly like this "20" times previously and that she got a full bowl of soup "AND" a salad. I now figured that she must have ordered a soup as her side in the past and paid for a side salad which I explained happens a lot and "sorry for the confusion". I thought this was over but Sue then said "NO", I get a full soup "AND" the salad as my side but do not pay extra.
Now Sue may have figured I was rude from my next set of questioning. I personally thought I was being witty with a touch of humor to deflate the situation. As I was holding the styro soup cup I asked Sue if "customer "X" comes in and orders a burger with this cup filled to capacity he pays $8.95?" Sue nodded in agreement. I then said "soooo... you want exactly what customer "X" gets for $8.95 but then have me throw in a salad for free?" Sue said "YES". My next sentence to her was indeed meant as tongue in cheek as it was beyond my comprehension as to why someone would think I should give away food. I indeed said "I can have my cooks throw in a few orders of fries, some onion strings as well and while she was at it perhaps she would like to go grab a few drinks from the cooler on me as well". I interpreted the situation wrongly, as I thought it was cute. Sue still not understanding why I, the owner was having difficulty comprehending why I should give her free food again stated "Your staff have been giving it to me like this for 2 years now". I told her that I needed to find out which staff members were responsible for giving away my food and that they were surely to hear an earful from me.
We are a small organization with seven staff members. No one remembers her or ever having someone ever order a half soup side with a half salad side dish let alone 20 times.
It is well known throughout the hospitality industry that there are "Sues" out there just waiting to pounce if they do not get their way. We restaurateurs have to take the bad with the good and luckily for me, for every Sue that enters Louie's I have many many more anti-Sues who love my place.
As for the attack on my character I would just like to say that Sue can round up every person on this planet that does not think that I am a delight (and funny) and the two of them can go grab a coffee sometime.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a great find. A small out of the way joint. Burgers are in my top 3 of all time and we've scoured the country eating burgers. Lots of toppings to choose from and excellent patties and friendly service. What more could one ask for.

1  Thank PETE9567