“Horrible Stay!”

Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
“Horrible Stay!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel when my employer assigned me to work in Cambridge. I booked the first hotel I saw available and this was it. This hotel is dirty and the staff was very rude. I was very unhappy with my stay. I checked out early and went to the Super 8 across the street. What a difference! Cheaper prices, clean accommodations and friendly staff. My employer sends me to Cambridge once a month and I am happy that I never booked this place again. Save your time, money and aggravation, skip this reservation. There are many other hotels to choose from in the area.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Let me say, I am not THAT picky like some who write reviews tearing apart budget hotel rooms. I booked here because I had a conference to go to and the rate was about half the rate at the conference centre. Upon entry to the lobby, it seems relatively updated and smelled like that 'clean hotel' smell. I checked in, went down the hallway which looks like the original finishings. The room was ok upon entering, exactly what I expected for the price. But upon closer inspection I noticed things like cigarette burns on the coverlet, mystery stains on the underside of the coverlet, the oldest and flattest pillows you have ever seen and ancient mattress which was probably made before I was born (and I'm 30). The bathroom was also old, but appeared ok. Before I sat down I looked at the toilet seat and noticed that there was urine splash all along the top of the toilet seat where my behind would be touching. I washed the toilet seat with soap and a washcloth, which I don't feel I should ever have to do in a hotel room, cheap or not. I stayed the night in the room, but would not book there again because of the general cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
rjessani, General Manager at Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Our aim is to ensure all guest concerns are dealt with in a timely manner. Our entire staff strives daily to ensure that all guests have an excellent stay at our hotel. We regret that we fell short of your expectations.

The Travelodge Cambridge will be addressing all the issues you have stated in your review and I assure you that with the help of your review we will strive to better our premises in every which way we can. Reviews such as yours are extremely important to us and we take all our guest suggestions very seriously. At the end of the day it is your "Our Guest" that makes us the hotel we are.

I hope you were able to enjoy the additional amenities offered, such as the complimentary continental breakfast as well as our newly renovated on-premise restaurant - Archie's Bar & Grill.

We at the Travelodge Cambridge strive to achieve the best in hospitality and we thank all our guests that provide us with feedback that ensures that we achieve that goal. I would like to personally apologize to you for falling short of your expectations, should you choose to stay with us again, we will ensure you receive the service our hotel prides itself with.

We wish you the greatest success and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further concerns.

Raheel Jessani
Ottawa
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel is on a main road off the 401, and is easy to get to and find. It is close to shopping and many restaurants. Staff were very friendly and continental breakfast (which you have to bring back to your room) consisted of coffee, bagels, muffins, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, yoghurt, and juices. Although we booked in advance, we (2 adults / 2 kids) were given a room on the top (2nd) floor with 2 double beds. Hotel was booked solid and could not switch us to 2 queens, but they did offer a cot. Rooms are standard (fairly cramped actually) and need upgrading, beds were uncomfortably hard, pillows flat and noise transferred easily. Plus, no indoor pool and dark parking lot at rear of building There is plenty of other choice in the area for the price and we would probably not book here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family