“Wasn't expecting much, got even less...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo

Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Sudbury, Canada
“Wasn't expecting much, got even less...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Let me say, I am not THAT picky like some who write reviews tearing apart budget hotel rooms. I booked here because I had a conference to go to and the rate was about half the rate at the conference centre. Upon entry to the lobby, it seems relatively updated and smelled like that 'clean hotel' smell. I checked in, went down the hallway which looks like the original finishings. The room was ok upon entering, exactly what I expected for the price. But upon closer inspection I noticed things like cigarette burns on the coverlet, mystery stains on the underside of the coverlet, the oldest and flattest pillows you have ever seen and ancient mattress which was probably made before I was born (and I'm 30). The bathroom was also old, but appeared ok. Before I sat down I looked at the toilet seat and noticed that there was urine splash all along the top of the toilet seat where my behind would be touching. I washed the toilet seat with soap and a washcloth, which I don't feel I should ever have to do in a hotel room, cheap or not. I stayed the night in the room, but would not book there again because of the general cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rjessani, General Manager at Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Our aim is to ensure all guest concerns are dealt with in a timely manner. Our entire staff strives daily to ensure that all guests have an excellent stay at our hotel. We regret that we fell short of your expectations.

The Travelodge Cambridge will be addressing all the issues you have stated in your review and I assure you that with the help of your review we will strive to better our premises in every which way we can. Reviews such as yours are extremely important to us and we take all our guest suggestions very seriously. At the end of the day it is your "Our Guest" that makes us the hotel we are.

I hope you were able to enjoy the additional amenities offered, such as the complimentary continental breakfast as well as our newly renovated on-premise restaurant - Archie's Bar & Grill.

We at the Travelodge Cambridge strive to achieve the best in hospitality and we thank all our guests that provide us with feedback that ensures that we achieve that goal. I would like to personally apologize to you for falling short of your expectations, should you choose to stay with us again, we will ensure you receive the service our hotel prides itself with.

We wish you the greatest success and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further concerns.

Raheel Jessani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel is on a main road off the 401, and is easy to get to and find. It is close to shopping and many restaurants. Staff were very friendly and continental breakfast (which you have to bring back to your room) consisted of coffee, bagels, muffins, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, yoghurt, and juices. Although we booked in advance, we (2 adults / 2 kids) were given a room on the top (2nd) floor with 2 double beds. Hotel was booked solid and could not switch us to 2 queens, but they did offer a cot. Rooms are standard (fairly cramped actually) and need upgrading, beds were uncomfortably hard, pillows flat and noise transferred easily. Plus, no indoor pool and dark parking lot at rear of building There is plenty of other choice in the area for the price and we would probably not book here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meriden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The first nights stay was a little difficult since the heat was broken in room 117. That caused a chilly night. The next day I moved to room 127. I mentioned that room 127 needed some freshening up with the wall paper and the Bathroom sink needed to be unclogged.
The Staff were wonderful and were able to answer any questions I had. I didn't see the maintenance crew, so if there was anything delinquent I would say that is where improvements might be needed. Guest services were great and accommodating. At 79 dollars a night I would have enjoyed something a little more upscale. Internet was slow at room127

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Windsor, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed for business for over a week. Had to change rooms after three days as the staff double booked my room and asked me to move. Hotel needs upgrading, beginning to show its age. The staff was decent, some better than others.
Continental breakfast was barely adequate, (crystal mix OJ) coffee never really hot, old boiled eggs.
The rooms are decent size, pillows are flat and much to be desired. Had a kink in my neck for over a week after checking out. Rooms can be bad as train cars are shunted at back of property and the noise will wake up the average sleeper throughout the night, every night..... Get a room up front if you can. Good place for tradespeople with trailers or truck drivers as the property has ample parking and cameras ++. decent pub with decent food of average price on site. (Archies)
Best part was competitive price$, amenities nearby and location to 401.

Room Tip: Sleep up front on 2nd floor