“Pleasent Stay”

Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We just stayed here one night on a weekend. Our check in was friendly and efficient. We upgraded to a business room for a little extra which gave us a quiet section of the hotel and spruced up room. We were pleased with the room. The Keurig coffee machine was a nice, appreciated addition to the room compared to those tiny drip coffee makers. There was a nice selection of complimentary newspapers to pass the time. The hotel is a little awkward to get to and there is not much near the hotel. However, on the other side of the 401 Expressway there was lots of restaurants and shopping. The room and our stay was what we expected for a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LondonTrapper
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear London Trapper,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Cambridge. We value all feedback from those who take the time to tell us, so that we can make improvements everyday.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Cambridge.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My family stays at the Holiday Inn several times a year. It is the Cambridge destination for the shuttle bus from Toronto Pearson Intl. Airport, so it's very, very handy. Not only that, the housekeeping staff, restaurant staff, and front desk staff go out of their way to make your stay feel like you are still at home. The spaciousness of the rooms, and the huge outdoor and indoor pools make this " a hotel to remember".

Room Tip: If it's a summer stay, I ask for a ground floor room facing the outdoor pool. These rooms have a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Vivian H,

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely post about the Holiday Inn Cambridge! I am so happy you and your family see our hotel in such a positive light each and every time you stay with us. Our staff will also be please to know their efforts in being warm and welcoming are not going unnoticed by our valued guest.

Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Even though the property is showing signs of age and the buffet breakfast is nothing to write home about, I have to say the customer service is wonderful. I left my phone charger in my room and had called to inquire. They just called me back to say they found it and would be mailing it out today. This is what I like in a hotel......staff making you feel that you are a priority.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Doulaguru,

Thank you so very much for sharing your thoughts of our staff's efforts in service. Our team at the Holiday Inn Cambridge do make our guests a priority and I am glad this was recognized. They will be delighted to hear this, so thank you again for the post.

We hope to serve you again in the future.

At your service,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in Cambridge for a wedding and stayed for 2 nights. The front desk staff was very friendly and the check-in was quick. The front desk staff explained the hotel amenities such as:
On site restaurant (Fireside Grill)
Indoor and outdoor pool
Free coffee in the lobby
Exercise room
Business centre
Free WiFi

The room was a good size and clean. There was minor paint chipping in places in the room however it was minor and I felt comfortable in the room. The hotel is just off highway 401, so convenient to get to. There is a major grocery store close by as well as a Shoppers Drug Mart. There are also restaurants nearby if you decide not to eat at the on-site restaurant.

I did eat at the Fireside Grill. I sat in the bar area and had the Club Sandwich. It was a good sandwich, except for maybe the cucumber, which I took out and ate on the side. The service was good and friendly. I also ate there for breakfast. For breakfast, you can get a la carte or a buffet. I had the eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast. I was cooked as I asked and except for the hash browns which were a little greasy, it was good. Price is a little higher than what you would pay off site, but it is a hotel and I expected it.

Check out was quick. All the hotel staff I met were very friendly and always said hello. If I'm back in the area, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Ggrrrr,

Thank you for posting about your experience at the Holiday Inn Cambridge. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to pass on the comments with the rest of the team.

We'll see you next time,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed 3 nights and made full use of the large pools, hot tub, sauna as well as a fully equipped gym available only on these older types of properties. Yes the rooms may not feel so modern but they're spacious and comfortable enough.
Hotel features an outdoor bar( open 1pm-8pm) by the pool and garden and with the hot weather gave it a sort of tropical feel!
Drinks and dinner at the restaurant one night, all good but at usual higher hotel prices.
Free coffee in the lobby was welcoming, some cookies would be nice a la Holiday Innn Expresses?!
*Property has 2 floors but no elevators so guests needing walkers etc., take note to book ground floor units, some of which you can park right outside for easy access.

Location is very convenient just off the 401 Highway and easy linkage to neighbouring Cambridge townships as well as Waterloo region.
Lots of shops nearby, LCBY next to Shoppers for really cheap liquor ( compared to BC anyway)

Bathrooms could be vacuumed cleaner but overall housekeeping was ok.

Highly recommend for convenience of business as well as leisure travel.

Room Tip: *Property has 2 floors but no elevators so guests needing walkers etc., take note to book ground flo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear FSR888,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Cambridge. We do pride ourselves on the great amenities we have for our guests and I am glad you were able to enjoy them and feel comfortable.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

At your service,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed over night on a package deal with safari tickets,breakfast and 30% off the restaurant.we had a great time. The staff are outstanding. I had read other reviews on this hotel and instead of booking online I called and booked that way.
This is a older hotel and is starting to show its age,but this being said it is very clean and the staff make it look great. So yes you will see a little paint chipping here and there and a little fix needed there. Would I stay again absolutely!!! One thing I would add is they really need to add staff in the restaurant, don't get me wrong the staff were great! I am in the management side of the restaurant business when you see you have large groups booked or the hotel is full on a Saturday, have more then 2 servers on is a must!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Boukra
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Boukra,

Thank you for posting your kind and honest comments regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Cambridge. I will most definitely share this with the staff and management teams.

Thanks again and hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in June for a girls fastball tournament. The kids had a blast with the two pools and the large area outside to run in. The rooms were fair size but dated, and my wife found a raisin in bed when she climbed in. We called the manager and she came up and had the bedding changed to our satisfaction, but it just makes you think....... The breakfast was good, and the staff helped our team out by letting us take the food to go as the girls had to be on the field before the restaurant opened. The small things make up for the issues we had...

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear jeepzj,

Thank you for your post about your recent experience at our hotel. I am terribly sorry for the mistake in your room butplease know it was reported to our Executive Housekeeper the next day so that she could follow up.

I am glad that overall your stay was enjoyable. I hope you and your team will come back soon.

Thanks again,