Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge
$60
$100
$90
$89
Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$104
$93
GardenInn.com
$81
$69
Best Western Plus Cambridge Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$78
$154
Homewood
$66
$56
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe holiday innmeeting rooms area short minute driveafrican lion safarisliding glass doorlow ceilingshockey teambreakfast was includedcheck in was quickdecent hotelhousekeeping staffoff the highwaymain floorpoolspackagebanquetchlorine
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for three nights with a small group of business associates. The distance to our place of meeting was short and very convenient. The staff at the counter as well as the general staff were friendly and helpful.

The facilities are dated and need upgrading. The hotel has recently undergone management change and is in the process of gradual renewing - I was told. Nevertheless, the hotel room was clean and fairly comfortable. When I found out the wash basin drain was slow and after I mentioned this to the counter staff, a maintenance worker knocked on my door in less than half an hour. He returned a couple more times to make sure the water was running properly. The restaurant staff were also cheerful and the food was good.

My only complaint was that my room was right across the swimming pool and there was only a single door separating the pool from the hallway. My eyes got a bit irritating at night most likely from the chlorine fume eminating from the pool water and escaping into the hallway and my room through the single door which was not airtight. So, if you happen to stay here, get a room far away from the pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the swimming pool area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear psl1800,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback for us. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay and found our staff to be friendly and helpful along the way. We too, agree of the updating needed in our hotel, but we are also excited to see the gradual changes we are making every day. I hope that you will return and see more that we have accomplished.

As well, I will be sharing your comments regarding the pool and guestroom to our Chief Engineer to ensure all barriers and chemical levels are up to standards. This is a daily priority to us, so again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Don't let the name fool you this isn't a grill experience as commonly experenced. As a financial consultant who specializes in estate planning for families with members with special needs for Investors Group Financial Services I get to travel in Ontario a lot. It's getting to the point that I book my appointments so that I can be in the Cambridge area enroute around meal time.

If I can stay in the hotel when I'm in the area I will. BUT I will ALWAYS try to be passing through around meal time. It's always been good and the meal is carefully cooked to my expectations which are extremely high. The wait is worth it. The meal has never disapointed and Dianne's cheerful service is a delight! Can't get a better steak anywhere else!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Herberts B,

Thank you for these great comments about our Fireside Grill! It's wonderful to hear you think so highly of us and recognize the efforts we try to put it in. I will be sure to share your comments to our staff, especially to Dianne! Perhaps when you are in next, you could try something from our Fall Taste of Ontario menu and let us know what you think!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Older property shows its age. The beds are good though, rooms are large, and they keep it pretty clean. Good location to spend a night for travel but nothing special. A short drive to downtown Cambridge which has some nice local restaurants. There is also plenty of shopping and dining choices nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms are accessed from an inside hall but they also have sliding doors to the outside. I'd recommend the second floor for privacy but it's not a big deal.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Gary C,

Thank you for your comments. I will be sure to share with our team. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Cambridge while visiting St Jacobs, Cambridge and Elora.
Hotel was clean, bed was comfortable. Staff was very friendly and attentive, phoning us shortly after check in to see if we were settled in ok.
Decor is very dated, they've started to make some updates - bed, dresser, tv, but unless they replace carpet and repaint it doesn't really change the overall impression. Also the fan/ac in the room only has hi/low switches and can't be turned off, and the one in our room made a horrible noise - luckily I always travel with earplugs.
There are 2 pools - 1 indoor, 1 outdoor. I made use of the outdoor pool on a rainy morning, and it was fantastic. I had the pool all to myself, and it is quite large so great for doing lengths. Would be great for families on a sunny day, although there is traffic noise from the 401.
There is a dining room onsite, but we found the breakfast very expensive, so we drove down Hespeler St to a diner instead.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are protected from noise from the 401
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Hello GTA Hockey Mom,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Cambridge. We use comments just as yours in making small improvements everyday in each room to keep it fresh and well maintained. I will also forward your post to our Food and Beverage department for review. I am glad you were happy with your overall stay and had the outdoor pool all to yourself (very rare in the summer!) to enjoy. We hope to see you again soon.

Vivian

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I recently went for a weekend stay to go to Africian Lion Safari and I was very disappointed with the buffet breakfast. I am a single mom of 3 teenagers, so we had to all have adult tickets. I received 2 free buffet breakfast passes, so I thought we would eat there. The food was cold, juice was not included in the breakfast. So an added 40 dollars later, we left there and my kids were still hungry. I wasn't going to have them make a few trips because the 3 orange juice alone cost me 10 dollars. I am not one to complain, but with being on a strict budget I was very disappointed. So my advice would be to just go to McDonalds, if you are having to pay for your breakfast there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family