Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Embassy Motel(Kitchener)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe holiday innmeeting rooms area short minute driveafrican lion safarisliding glass doorlow ceilingshockey teambreakfast was includedcheck in was quickdecent hotelhousekeeping staffoff the highwaymain floorpoolspackagebanquetchlorine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Holiday Inn was available as Name Your Own Price option from Priceline. Very good value for the price paid. Rooms are large and comfortable. Beds have choice of soft or firm pillows.

I did not use the outdoor pool, but I could see many guests were enjoying it.

There were indications that maintenance was not ongoing. The taps in the sink were corroded. That did not happen yesterday, so its been ignored for a long time. The toilet seat will not stay up by itself without being held in place. The curtains were hanging loose at the ends.

The place would be even better with a little attention from the staff.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank simulation
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Hello!

Thank you for your posting your thoughts about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Cambridge. Sounds like you enjoyed your overall stay!

As well thank you for the feedback for the issues in your bathroom so we can correct them as soon as possible. I am sorry this was missed in our preventative maintenance program, so perhaps if would like to contact me directly for the room number, we can fix our mistakes.

Again, thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again,

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I reserved this location on-line and got a rate of $81.00 plus taxes for a room with king sized bed.

We were cordially welcomed on arrival and offered a complimentary upgrade that was a slightly bigger room and had a refrigerator. Wi-Fi was free. Parking was free.

All the staff were very pleasant and always anxious to be helpful.

The only two negatives were that the hot tub in the pool area did not have its filter properly installed and we could see particals floating in the water. The second issue was breakfast within the hotel at the Fireside Grill was problematic. I have done a separate review of the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gary S
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Hello Gary S!

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Cambridge. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay, but regret this you were not 100% satisfied with every aspect of our hotel. Please know that I will be discussing the issues with our pool and restaurant with the appropriate manager so we can make the necessary improvements.

My sincerest apologies again, and thank you for sharing.

Hope to see you again,

Vivian Gomez
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had stayed at the Holiday inn in Kitchener the week before, and were very disappointed with it, however the Cambridge Holiday inn is completly different, great staff, great service nothing was too much trouble for Cherisse and Free (hope I'm spelling that right), as visitors from Scotland they went out of their way to accomodate us and assist us. We ate dinner and breakfast and the food was fab, service great!
Overall was worth what we pai and would def go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lorraine1096493
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Dear Lorraine1096493,

Thank you so much for your kind words about staff and hotel services! I am very excited to pass on your message to the team, especially to Cherisse and Free (and yes, you spelled the names correctly!). I hope on your next visit into Canada, you’ll stay with us again. We would be honoured to have you.

Thanks again,

Reviewed June 7, 2012

IFirst time writing a review since i travel so much and read others thought i would share. I have stayed here may times for business. I have stayed on both the first and second floor. Rooms are very clean, staff are always friendly. I am a clean freak and pariniod about bugs, i would not stay here if it was not super clean. Food is expensive in the restaurant, ordered roon service once, not worth the price.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are nice, have walk outs and balconys, very quite
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cleanfreak a
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear Cleanfreak A,

Thank you for writing your first review on Trip Advisor! As a hotelier, we value the comments made on this site to continually improve our services and products for our guests. I will be sure to share your posting with our staff and management.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed one night for an event being held at the hotel. Staff was friendly and attentive. Hotel is looking a little threadbare around the edges but property was neat and tidy, room was tidy and clean(but a little dated) and actually a pretty good nights sleep. My only glitch was that the cost for the food in the restaurant was really rather high. I understand offering a breakfast but some of those prices for a lunch or dinner entree was border line robbery. There are enough quality restaurants within a few minutes drive that the Inn would be better to have just breakfast offered and close it for the rest of the day. Didn't use the pools so can't comment on that. Maybe this location would be better served being an Express.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ThePiratesPaw

Dear The PiratesPaw,

Thank you for your posting and feedback about our hotel and staff. This feedback is vital to us so that we continually strive to serve our guests better to meet their needs. We too, recognize updates are needed and we are making the necessary steps to improve this every day. As well, I will be sharing your comments of our restaurant with our Food and Beverage Management team.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.