“Langdon Hall - A Special Place”

and 1 more site!
Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
“Langdon Hall - A Special Place”
Reviewed August 27, 2005

We had a wonderful stay at Langdon Hall. The rooms are just my style...very nice, but not overdone at all. Comfortable and most relaxing. Service was excellent and all staff members were so professional. Our dinners there were exceptional. We even had one lighter dinner in the bar area...one of the best sandwiches I'd ever had. I only wish Langdon Hall was closer to allow us to visit more frequently. My photos were taken on a beautifully overcast day. I hate that I didn't get some interior shots..it was beautiful.

• Stayed September 2003
6 Thank wintersummer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2005

Reading the mixed reviews below, I feel obliged to comment. We have been going to Langdon Hall as a retreat for special occasions for about 10 years now. We are always critical guests of any upscale facility - when you are paying more than $300 a night you expect something special. The special rooms are VERY nice. The regular rooms are pretty good. The grounds are lovely, and it is really the most amazing spot in the fall / winter. The staff are always very polite and super helpful. The dining room is amazing - the food is consistently great, with a really interesting local wine list. If this was an American resort, it would be twice the price. It is a situated a bit off the beaten track, but in perfect range of Toronto and Niagara. I recommend it highly for American visitors.

• Stayed September 2004
3 Thank wblakeney
Toronto
Reviewed March 21, 2005

Clearly Langdon is a beautiful place. The rooms are comfortable and the grounds are absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately the service absolutely ruined it for us. When we arrived just before lunch it was clear that they were settting up one part of the restaurant for a business group buffet. I had made reservations ahead of time and besides this business group there were no other diners there yet. They asked us to wait in this living room area - after about 20 minutes we asked again if we could at least be seated in the clearly empty dining room. We were never offered a drink or given and apology for the delay. The server was clearly in training as another server would stand behind him and make suggestions on how he should do things. I know people have to learn but it ruined what we had hoped would be a romantic time. Service is the key to making a stay memorable and we just felt we had wasted our money. I hope they make changes.

• Stayed August 2004
6 Thank CanadaSteph
Reviewed November 14, 2004

My husband and I were very excited about our anniversary visit to Langdon Hall. This was a special little get away for us.
The first day we were happy to enjoy the spa but found the set up a little odd. We found robes in the change rooms then had to sit in our robes in the hall waiting for our treatments. We felt a little odd in our little white robes with all the others in their robes. At the end of this open hall way was the person having a pedicure. We found there was a lack of privacy and didn't find it all that lavish.
Dinner was nice but the portions were very small and didn't live up to our expectations.
The room was lovely and we loved the big comfy bed with feather comfortor.
All in all Langdon Hall is beautiful and the staff was great but the stay didn't live up to our expectations. We didn't find it wowed us.

• Stayed January 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2004

We recently won a weekend at Langdon Hall. There is no doubt that the beauty of the Inn and the grounds, as well as the quality of the dining, is supurb. The service from the staff was truly exemplary, and that is what distinguishes this hotel in my mind. Accommodations in checkout time were made for our itinerary and luxuries were provided at any request, with full respect for privacy as well.
Although we had a lovely time, we have enjoyed similar weekends at other area inns that charge a fraction of the cost. Our most recent stay at the Westover Inn near Stratford was an example. Had this trip not been a freebie, the high price of the stay would have put a damper on the experience.
The exception to this was the spa. I will without a doubt return, although likely for a day trip. The ambience is incredible and Landon Hall's attention to detail is really what defines an incredible spa experience. If spa services are an important component of your decision to stay here, then you have made the right choice.

6 Thank ChaniCanada
Reviewed March 20, 2004

I feel the need to strongly disagree with the previous comments made by an unsatisfied guest of Langdon Hall.My husband and I have been to the Hall at least a dozen times in the past and at all different times of the week/year and to be perfectly honest, the weekends are clearly the most "hectic". However, everytime, we have found the most helpful/courteous and professional staff with each visit to the spa, dining room and entire hotel. Although, we too have encountered a "lack" of lockers/keys on a few Saturdays -we expected that to be a given as they are not a big spa to begin with. So we don't hold them responsible for running out of lockers....we just dealt with it - no problem. We didn't consider it to be a conspiracy against us either. As for the mug issue, I can also relate but again, if you were there on a weekend, there are only so many to go around. I think if you would have simply asked for a mug I'm sure they'd gladly bring it out for you and after confering with my husband we don't think we've ever seen them hide them on us! That is a sad comment. Perhaps some people have had less that perfect experiences at their spa and probably at others as well but the staff are there to do a job and as far as I and countless others are concerned, they do it! It sounds like the entire situation was made worse by a bad attitude and no understanding. Just my opinion of course.....

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 20, 2004

The hotel may be in a nice setting but beware of the poorly trained staff in the spa. This was my third and likely last visit to this hotel/spa. My husband and I arrived about 55 minutes early to use the whirlpool and were made to feel very unwelcome. I had to ask for a key to a locker in the change room, and then was told that they were very busy and did not expect us so early. Well, if they didn't mean that spa guests could also enjoy their sauna and whirlpool they shouldn't have said so on their website. Or if they are so short of lockers they should limit admission to the spa at the reception (upstairs) rather than inconvenience guests down in the spa. Adding insult to this, the key they "found" for me did not work; a staff person who "helped" me basically accused me of not knowing how to turn a key. I could still be waiting if another guest wasn't leaving and gave me her locker. At the refreshment counter they hide all their mugs except one, so one of us had to wait for clean mugs to be brought out. When the tray was brought out they quickly hid all the mugs except the one they allowed me to use. The only saving grace is their professional and capable massage therapists. Visily and Stephan were efficient and helpful as usual. But with this type of reception I can easily find better value for my money and time in Toronto or Niagara on the Lake.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cambridge-Waterloo, Ontario
Best Western Plus Cambridge Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener
Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre
Four Points by Sheraton Cambridge / Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#1 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!