48 hours is enough time to completely unwind and feel rejuvenated. We started our retreat with the Family Day casual lunch where we enjoyed second helpings of the many tasty salads, the delicious home-made bread and other more hearty fare. A stroll along the snow covered trails, followed by a sleigh ride provided sufficient exercise to work up an appetite for dinner. Two of the three of us were thoroughly impressed with the cuisine our first night. "I didn't know food could taste this good" remarked my 14 year old. While I wouldn't say the lamb sirloin was the most tender I've ever had and the coconut custard was a square of tasteless gelatin, these were the only dinner mis-steps.
Otherwise, the food is gastronomic paradise.
The thoughtfulness and quality of the food is evident in every meal. Who knew lowly scrambled eggs could be worthy of five stars. And while we looked forward to having them for our second breakfast, we weren't the least bit perturbed when a bread pudding (from home-made croissants, local bacon and leeks) provided the savoury start to our day. Five stars for the breakfast buffet and service - thank you!
A morning spent cross country skiing followed by an afternoon of pampering at the spa and a blissful time reading in our room in front of our own wood burning fire was just the right amount of downtime for us to summon the energy to dress for dinner the second night. This time, everyone loved their dishes, the beautiful way in which they're presented and the subtleness of the flavours.
Staff were helpful, available when needed and personable. Thank you.
A deliriously decadent way to spend two days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langdon Hall offers a quiet and peaceful environment best suited for romantic get-aways that require an elegant setting. As a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association, the property prides itself on creating a unique experience brimming with all the charm, character, cuisine, calm and courtesy you would find at the finest Relais & Chateaux property. Located one hour west of Toronto, Langdon Hall was built as a magnificent summer home in 1898 for the granddaughter of John Jacob Astor of New York City, a gentlemen who made his fortune in several areas of business including the Waldorf Astoria, the greatest hotel of its era. In 1987 Langdon Hall began its transformation into a hotel and now offers 60 guest suites, a full service spa, the only five-diamond award wining restaurant in Ontario. In addition to the main dining room the property features a casual bar and private dining rooms featuring wood-burning fireplaces, and 75 acres of expansive gardens and trails. For three consecutive years the readers of Conde Nast Traveller selected Langdon Hall as the number one hotel in Canada. Nearby amenities include championship style golf course, canoeing, theatre, horseback riding, biking and hiking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel And Spa
- Langdon Hall Country Hotel
- Langdon Hall Country Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa Cambridge, Ontario