We spent a night here to celebrate my partner's birthday. The package included dinner at the hotel's dining room. The entire experience was absolutely wonderful. We have stayed here before several times, which is why we came back, but the service overall continues to amaze.
On arrival, the porter in casual conversation asked about our visit. My partner mentioned her birthday - which I had not mentioned when making the reservation. All through our stay she received small, but appreciated, mentions of congratulations.
The hotel is beautiful. Our room was wonderful: high ceilings, fireplace, large with a wonderfully comfortable bed and absolutely immaculate. The bathroom had double sinks, a large walk-in shower stall and a 2-person (proven) soaker tub.
The dinner continued the wonderful experience. The dishes were all refined and cooked to perfection with great taste. Many ingredients certainly coming from the large garden on the grounds. The service was perfect and friendly - not stiff and not intrusive. Breakfast the next day was just as good.
Since the dinner was part of a package I thought the menu provided to us might be limited or that we might have to pay a premium for many items. Not at all. We had the full menu to choose from at no extra charge.
The wine list is extensive with many labels costing $100++. However, after discussing our order and our preferred taste profile, the sommelier suggested a beautiful wine that cost far less than I was prepared to pay.
Overall, it is obvious that the hotel staff all put their heart into their work and are proud of the service provided.
Langdon Hall has all the luxury of a great hotel with an intimate and romantic feel. For what you get, prices for both the hotel and the restaurant are actually quite reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langdon Hall offers a quiet and peaceful environment best suited for romantic get-aways that require an elegant setting. As a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association, the property prides itself on creating a unique experience brimming with all the charm, character, cuisine, calm and courtesy you would find at the finest Relais & Chateaux property. Located one hour west of Toronto, Langdon Hall was built as a magnificent summer home in 1898 for the granddaughter of John Jacob Astor of New York City, a gentlemen who made his fortune in several areas of business including the Waldorf Astoria, the greatest hotel of its era. In 1987 Langdon Hall began its transformation into a hotel and now offers 60 guest suites, a full service spa, the only five-diamond award wining restaurant in Ontario. In addition to the main dining room the property features a casual bar and private dining rooms featuring wood-burning fireplaces, and 75 acres of expansive gardens and trails. For three consecutive years the readers of Conde Nast Traveller selected Langdon Hall as the number one hotel in Canada. Nearby amenities include championship style golf course, canoeing, theatre, horseback riding, biking and hiking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel And Spa
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country Hotel
- Langdon Hall Country Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa Cambridge, Ontario