Our team wished to take a coworker out for lunch for her last day, but try as we might we could not find a date that worked for our schedule.
We decided to go out for breakfast instead, and then the question became, where could you find a good place for breakfast that had a good atmosphere.
Who knew that Langdon Hall has a delightful breakfast menu for a reasonable price.
Three of us went on a beautiful morning for breakfast All three had different choices and each thoroughly enjoyed the.meal
One person went for the Confit Duck, Ricotta & Hazelnut Crepes, Parsley Salad & Cherry Tomato Nage. It was lovely and more than enough.
I wanted to experience the buffet as well as one of the dishes, the Full Country breakfast along with the Roasted Asparagus, Poached Egg, Hollandaise, Breakfast Radish, Grilled Sourdough. The specialty dish was nothing fabulous, though the presentation was lovely, and the radish was a nice surprise.
The third just chose to have the country table display menu.
The country table had some great selections on it, and lovely variety, the coffee was great, and the service was wonderful.
Overall, though the best part of the day was the location. The patio is a delight to sit at, with the greens of the trees, the pool and the buildings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langdon Hall offers a quiet and peaceful environment best suited for romantic get-aways that require an elegant setting. As a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association, the property prides itself on creating a unique experience brimming with all the charm, character, cuisine, calm and courtesy you would find at the finest Relais & Chateaux property. Located one hour west of Toronto, Langdon Hall was built as a magnificent summer home in 1898 for the granddaughter of John Jacob Astor of New York City, a gentlemen who made his fortune in several areas of business including the Waldorf Astoria, the greatest hotel of its era. In 1987 Langdon Hall began its transformation into a hotel and now offers 60 guest suites, a full service spa, the only five-diamond award wining restaurant in Ontario. In addition to the main dining room the property features a casual bar and private dining rooms featuring wood-burning fireplaces, and 75 acres of expansive gardens and trails. For three consecutive years the readers of Conde Nast Traveller selected Langdon Hall as the number one hotel in Canada. Nearby amenities include championship style golf course, canoeing, theatre, horseback riding, biking and hiking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel And Spa
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country Hotel
- Langdon Hall Country Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa Cambridge, Ontario