Stayed here for 1 night in June in a cloisters room. Two nights were booked but it seems they were overbooked so we will be in the Four Points hotel tonight.
Very disappointed BUT the hotel team did everything possible to recover the situation. Complementary stay last night and a complementary spa treatment which was amazing. Highly recommend a visit to the Spa.
Nice sized room and very comfortable beds. Slept so well and woke with a lovely view over the croquet lawn and gardens.
Bathroom had a lovely deep tub and separate wet room style shower. Great to see them using British.
Dinner was very nice with a wide range of options. Dessert was particularly delicious - elderberry soufflé!
Breakfast was also really nice and again a wide selection of choices.
I can see how Langdon Hall has twice been voted Canadian Hotel of the Year in Conde Naste. Service was the particular highlight. Attentive yet discreet. It made the stay memorable.
Only advice is check and confirm your reservation in advance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langdon Hall offers a quiet and peaceful environment best suited for romantic get-aways that require an elegant setting. As a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association, the property prides itself on creating a unique experience brimming with all the charm, character, cuisine, calm and courtesy you would find at the finest Relais & Chateaux property. Located one hour west of Toronto, Langdon Hall was built as a magnificent summer home in 1898 for the granddaughter of John Jacob Astor of New York City, a gentlemen who made his fortune in several areas of business including the Waldorf Astoria, the greatest hotel of its era. In 1987 Langdon Hall began its transformation into a hotel and now offers 60 guest suites, a full service spa, the only five-diamond award wining restaurant in Ontario. In addition to the main dining room the property features a casual bar and private dining rooms featuring wood-burning fireplaces, and 75 acres of expansive gardens and trails. For three consecutive years the readers of Conde Nast Traveller selected Langdon Hall as the number one hotel in Canada. Nearby amenities include championship style golf course, canoeing, theatre, horseback riding, biking and hiking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel And Spa
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country Hotel
- Langdon Hall Country Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa Cambridge, Ontario