Each year i go to Langdon Hall with either a girl friend or my husband. Each year the experience is just as wonderful!
Unlike most spas, the one at Langdon is equally welcoming of men as women. the treatments are wonderful and the small size of the spa ensures that it is a calm and personal experience. we always try to stay in the Cloisters room so we can go back and forth from the spa to our room in bathrobe and slippers.
The kitchen is outstanding with attention to seasonal and local products. The wine list is wonderful and has plenty of choice for 'by the glass' wines as well. the staff and superbly trained and very knowledgeable. The importance placed on ensuring guests have a wonderful stay is constantly in evidence.
My only 'complaint' is the gym. it is clean with natural light but is very small.The Personal trainer is very knowledgeable, next time i will book her to do a private yoga class.
In summary, it is not easy to find a place that delivers so well year over year. Langdon does not rest on its laurels and continues to stive (and achieve) excellence - WOW. Well done!
See you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langdon Hall offers a quiet and peaceful environment best suited for romantic get-aways that require an elegant setting. As a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association, the property prides itself on creating a unique experience brimming with all the charm, character, cuisine, calm and courtesy you would find at the finest Relais & Chateaux property. Located one hour west of Toronto, Langdon Hall was built as a magnificent summer home in 1898 for the granddaughter of John Jacob Astor of New York City, a gentlemen who made his fortune in several areas of business including the Waldorf Astoria, the greatest hotel of its era. In 1987 Langdon Hall began its transformation into a hotel and now offers 52 guest suites, a full service spa, the only five-diamond award wining restaurant in Ontario. In addition to the main dining room the property features a casual bar and private dining rooms featuring wood-burning fireplaces, and 75 acres of expansive gardens and trails. For three consecutive years the readers of Conde Nast Traveller selected Langdon Hall as the Number one hotel in Canada. Nearby amenities include championship style golf course, canoeing, theatre, horseback riding, biking and hiking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel And Spa
- Langdon Hall Country Hotel
- Langdon Hall Country Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa Cambridge, Ontario