“Dirtiest Hotel I've ever stayed in”

Super 8 Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo Area
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Stratford
“Dirtiest Hotel I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Could not believe the filthy room we had. It was totally disgusting. Floors were filthy-didn't want to even consider walking around in bare feet. Cob-webs & dust bunnies everywhere. Hole cut in wall with wires coming out of it for wires to TV. Notice in lobby said that it was independently owned but was affiliated with Super 8. Bad news. Someone from head office for Super 8 needs to check these places out when their name is associated with it. I'm the one that recommended to my friends that we go to the Super 8 because my experience at Port Elgin-Super 8 last month, was that it was one of the best hotels I'd ever stayed in. I was really disgusted & would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: when booking a Super 8 make sure that it is wholly owned by Super 8 & not independently owned
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vicki A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I checked into the super 8 roughly 2 weeks ago for the night. I had a lovely stay. The hotel room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The restaurant food was so good.. I recommend the clubhouse sandwich and side dish of your choice.. I plan to stay here again during my business meetings. Thanks for making my stay very pleasant..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Owen Sound
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff was friendly...However our room was not very clean. The bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned. Beside the toilet paper there was dried blood running down the wall. The pool was not overly clean. Not to mention that our patio door opened more than a foot and there was no belcony. They had drilled screws in the track to stop it from opening any further than that. We have small children and even though the door couldn't open very far, it was still far enough for them to get through. Huge safety issue there. The bed was very uncomfortable and you can hear everything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family