“Horrible way to treat a family with little kids! Poor quality food! Avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sushi Feast

Sushi Feast
Ranked #166 of 317 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
canada
“Horrible way to treat a family with little kids! Poor quality food! Avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

$23 per adults on a Saturday and $12 for kids under 12.
I have tried many places like this across Ontario that are all you can eat and ones that are not all you can eat. I used to live in north Toronto where these places are a dime a dozen so I know sushi and quality sushi.
My 5 and 6 year old kids eat hardly anything on a good day in a restaurant like this so we get them sushi a la cart since thats all they eat plus some Miso soup.
Happy to pay for this. But why get all you can eat for little ones that don't eat?
The second my one child is eating from my edamame you could see the stress level of the waitress waiting to come over to tell us my 5 year old can not share.
One or two edamame out of bowl and she is freaking out and watching us.
You'd think my kid had an entire bowl! Never seen anything like this place! How disgusting! My wife and I are over forty so this is just beyond anything we have seen in Ontario!
My other child spills her entire miso ....order another one and manager comes over to tell us right away we will have to pay since its for the child not our all you can eat. I thought it was bad enough my kid is wearing the entire miso soup in her lap. Soaked!
This kind of thing happens with little ones right?
Most restaurants are gracious in these circumstances! Not jumping on you to rub it in. They hardly wanted to help bring a few napkins....never seen such useless service anywhere!
We are paying $23 each for two of us so almost $50....and a la carte for the two little ones and the manager (probably owner) is just watching like a greedy hawk that my kids don't take a thing off our plates.
Kids didn't eat their sushi or anything hardly anything for the record!
When we realized how this place was treating us we just quickly got our bill and left! None of us had hardly anything to eat. Why bother feeding into this mentality!
This place doesn't even have good food from the few items that came!
First time and for sure our last time!
Will warn others how disgusting the experience was at this ugly little place!
So many other good places to eat in town that like families and treat them well!

Visited March 2012

Ontario, Canada
“Intimate friendly sushi buffet with great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

We seek out sushi buffets wherever we go and this one has become a favourite.
The sushi is good and the staff are attentive. It is small but you have the attention of the wait staff who are aware of your orders and bring them in a timely fashion. Lots of selection and great specials!

• Visited February 2011
Stratford, Ontario
“The best dining experience ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

We went to the Sushi Feast with friends and had a blast. We tried many different dishes and there wasn't one that wasn't delicious. Everything was fresh and hot! The presentation of the food made you want to just look at it and not eat it. Incredibly presented! I can hardly wait to go back. The only negative was there were so many selections. You couldn't try everything or you'd be there all year!

• Visited May 2011
Kitchener, ON
“Great Sushi – Average Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

I am writing this review very late as I had to ask Trip Advisor to add Sushi Feast to their list of restaurants and then totally forgot about writing my review. I went to Sushi Feast in February 2010 for their AYCE lunch buffet. FYI – my sushi experience has been limited to trips to Sobey’s supermarket, sushi at the Mandrian and McSushi at Conestoga Mall.
The restaurant was decorated in your usual Japanese decor. I sat down and reviewed the menu which includes Sushi rolls, some special rolls, udon noodles, and many more. My only disappointment at the menu was that I wanted to try the octopus roll which was unavailable for lunch.
I started off with the fried calamari and the tempura squid. I also had the chicken and seafood udon noodle dishes. I also sampled the following sushi rolls: salmon, spicy salmon and spicy butterfish. You order things pretty much a few at a time and the only thing that frustrated me that was between courses, I had ordered another round of spicy butterfish and had to tell 3 different waitresses what I wanted or what I was waiting for. Other than that, I found the found very yummy and just couldn’t stop myself from ordering just to try one more thing. Also, don't expect to come in here durning lunch break from work, eat quick and leave. This is one of those places you do lunch over an hour long plus time frame due to service, the sushi taking a bit to be made and enjoying the wonderful flavours of the meal.
One other thing that frustrated me that at the time they didn’t have a debit machine. Only cash or credit cards accepted. I am hoping by now this has been corrected.
I defiantly would recommend Sushi Feast.