“Very Nice Hotel!”

Four Points by Sheraton Cambridge / Kitchener
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in June 2012 for a wedding. The first night I was in a suite with the girls in the wedding party and the second night was in a king bed room with my fiancee. This is a fairly modern hotel so it has nice decorative touches and didn't look rundown. It had a nice lobby with a huge fireplace and also had a restaurant but we didn't get a chance to visit d/t a fairly busy itinerary.
The one bedroom suite was nice with a living room, bedroom and bathroom. The bedroom had a king size bed and then the living room had a pullout couch. I'm not sure it would really be worth it to pay the extra money for a suite as you only get one real bed and then the pullout couch. I guess if you want the extra space of a living room then it makes sense but if you want 2 comfy beds then don't bother with this type of room. A room with 2 queen beds would have been better for sleeping but I guess it wouldn't have had the extra space since it wouldn't have the living room. That being said the living room had a large couch and 2 sitting chairs along with a desk and flat screen tv on the wall. It also had a large wardrobe that had some hanging space and also held the mini fridge.
The next night with my fiancee in the king bed was a much more comfortable sleep! Our room was a good size and the king bed was super comfortable! The bathroom had a new/ modern look with a large glass shower and was a pretty decent size. Both room types had a mini fridge in them which definitely came in handy.
There was plenty of free parking so this was never an issue and the hotel is just off the highway (401) so it was easy to get to.
The only disappointment we had was that several people who were attending the wedding had booked a room as part of a block of rooms. When everyone checked in they assumed they would all have rooms in the same location but instead everyone was randomly throughout the hotel. I understand they were very busy that weekend (there was some kind of kids sports tournament staying there aswell) but it would have been nice for people who had booked as part of the wedding block to at least be placed on the same floor. All in all this was not a huge deal and didn't effect the other good aspects of the hotel but it was a minor annoyance.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend to others staying in the area!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I booked this place based on good reviews. Upon arriving at the hotel the front desk manager was not very pleasant and became quite difficult to deal with. Not quite sure the deal, as I barely had a chance to talk. Was requesting that a couple of rooms be near each other as another parent was arriving later and I had their child with me. He did not want to accomodate this even though the parent had called ahead to arrange it. We had booked multiple rooms for our team and I was told that the hotel would not entertain any other requests all weekend. Not a good way to start. We were also told we had to eat breakfast at a specific time. (which was not appropriate to our game schedule)
Things did however turn around, the staff throughout the hotel were very pleasant. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Restaurant was fairly decent. I did receive a letter of apology for inconvenience and we did get the breakfast times changed.
I would stay there again as I quite liked everything about the hotel and beleive the front desk realized their mistake

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Overall, we really enjoyed our one night stay. We could hear lots of noise both from outside our door & from the highways. Though we did sleep very well! The bed was super comfy & so were the pillows. A few nice touches: large pillows, complimentary newspaper & bottled water, the fridge, and new bathroom!

The negatives: plastic cups, & our toilet was always running. Their coffee station in the lobby was closed when we checked in (they were nice enough to let us check in early), and when we came back from dinner at 8. No big deal - just made some in the room.
The worst was their very spotty wifi! I was disconnected several times, and when I was connected, I couldn't even watch a YouTube video.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and 2 year old daughter stayed for one night at the Four Points by Sheraton in Cambridge/ Kitchener in September during a local plowing match.

We were just in the area for a visit and hadn't known about the plowing match before coming but due to that event a lot of hotels were full. We were redirected from the hotel we intended to stay at to the Four Points by Sheraton.

When we checked in I looked over the room - 2 Queen beds, microwave and mini fridge and a good size tv. The room was comfortable and reasonably clean. We were happy to find out this hotel also had a pool and our daughter was able to swim before bed.

We have limited diets so we didn't check out the dinning room downstairs but it was great to have a microwave and mini fridge so we were able to cook our meals instead of going out and taking the risk of needing to use an epipen.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and I would likely return to this hotel if we're in the area again.

1  Thank Scampersmom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

As a loyal Starwood guest, I was delighted to see there was a Four Points by Sheraton available in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. I've stayed at a lot of Starwood properties (Westin, Sheraton, Four Points, Meridien, etc) and the Four Points is usually the "entry level" brand. However, this particular Four Points is among the best. It is modern, clean, well-designed (ice and vending machines behind glass doors, so guests unbothered by their noise) and comfortable. The staff is well-trained, friendly and very attentive. They offer a "Full Canadian Breakfast Buffet" including a chef ready to make a custom omelet -- that always gets high marks in my book! I'd easily recommend this property for those needing a place to stop on the 401 or visiting the Kitchener-Waterloo or Cambridge area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The two of us along with our adventurous one year old toddler spent two nights in one of the King Bed Rooms. It was very clean and neat. We had excellent service from the house cleaning staff. We had requested a crib which was in our room upon arrival. Once in our room we realized there were electrical sockets right where we had hoped to put the crib... it was not a problem the staff immediately brought us a handful of safety first socket covers to fix our issue. We asked for an extra towel and were given a few extra towels... the house cleaning staff went above and beyond what was asked. The pool and work out area are very very clean. Only disappointment is there is not a hot tub. The room did not have a bath tub but did instead have a huge walk-in shower which we made work for our 1 year old. (She loved it!!)
The in room coffee maker, microwave and fridge were great features and got plenty of use.
We did not make it down to the restaurant/bar but breakfast sure did smell great as we were leaving.

This was our second time staying at this location and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. It was only a short 15 minute car ride to the market (which was the purpose of our trip). Just down the road are plenty of big name restaurants and a few stores.

We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. It is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Reserve online through the Four Points Website for great rates!
1  Thank MrsC44
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights to get an early start to attend the St. Jacob's Market. Rooms are on the modern side and wonderful. No complaints. Quiet and comfortable and will stay there again.

Cleaning staff met are every request and since we travelled with our family (who had a young child) they got plugs for the sockets for us too. Extra towels etc.

Pool area was clean and towels are provided. The shower area even had soap which lately different hotels I've been to, don't provide that yet ask quests to shower with soap but there is none. I myself did not go in the water but the rest of the family did and enjoyed the salt water pool.

Thank you for a nice short family vacation

Room Tip: Check your map to find this hotel Off of Scantz Hill extention of King street Use Hotel web site m...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Best Western Plus Cambridge Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cambridge-Waterloo, Ontario
Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre
Kitchener Inn and Suites
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cambridge / Kitchener? Share your experiences!