“What a find”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We three had a wonderful dinner. It started with cream of red pepper soup, delicious. Then one of us had Chicken Parmesan, ravioli, and veal scalopini. The atmosphere, service and food are what make me love my job traveling.

5  Thank Sue C

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My Italian husband tells me that Italians do not dine out at Italian restaurants! So our visit to Marcelo's was very out of the ordinary. I LOVE Italian food, so I was excited when we drove up to the Restaurant. We were greeted by Rhodi who was also our server for the night. What a wonderful person...genuine, friendly and compassionate about food. We ordered a bottle of Chianti and with this Rhodi brought us out AMAZING homemade Italian Bread. We have searched for ever and the closest we have come to finding bread like this was in the Niagara region. Needless to say we were thrilled to find out we could purchase this anytime we wanted! My husband and I shared a Caprese Salad (which was the perfect size for the two of us)...and again it was Fanta Pappardelle stic....For the Main course my Husband ordered the AMATRICIANA (lots of spicy sausage and bacon) Gnocchi and for myself ordered the same only replacing the Gnocchi with Pappardelle. Never have I tasted pasta like that. To die for! If that wasn't enough food we couldnt help but order from the dessert menu as they offered Connolis - hazelnut Connolis with fresh pomagranite berries on the side. We ordered this to go as well as a loaf of the homemade bread. Thank you Rhoid for the excellent experience and we will be back for sure!

4  Thank bouncetwist
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Tucked away on Eagle St in Cambridge near the corner of Hespeler Road this little touch of heaven is in a kind of industrial mall area. Once you get past the location and enter the front door you are taken back to a restaurant of old days. The kitchen is right out front and the smell of freshly baked bread touches your senses. We were there with friends/clients recently and the menu, while limited had something for everyone. Plenty of tasty starters as well as entres and desserts. Take a minute sometime to drive from KW or Guelph or even farther and enjoy a pleasant evening, good food and not bad wine.

4  Thank AdvisorOntario
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Choice our favorite Restaurant to celebrate our company Christmas party and Marcelo's and staff did not disappoint. The weather was terrible so most of the party was delayed in arriving. That didnt deter the staff from getting drinks and appetizers on the go for the first to arrive. As the rest eventually arrived the evening began with the best bread you have ever tasted. Followed by more apps, wonderful entrees and fantastic desserts.

4  Thank rangerfansince69
Reviewed November 28, 2012

A colleague recommended this place as we drove by. Driven by a thousand times and never noticed it. This place is absolutely the best restaurant in town. We had (4 of us) wine, appetizers, salads, pasta, desert.. everything was perfect! The presentation was excellent, the service was very friendly and welcoming. We walked out knowing we will defiantly return for what is guaranteed to be a great dinner.

2  Thank HHippo