“review”

Cuisines: Greek, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013

this is one of the better greek restaurants in town. value for dollar is excellent and food is always tasty. needs better wine selection

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Or server was so rude. She made the hostess move us from the table that we requested to sit at and it was literally two feet away. We had someone else cash is out at the front who was beyond rude... The server walked by and didn't say good bye or anything. My husband and I both work in the hospitality industry and we were disgusted by the service.
We ordered the octopus which was to tough to cut with the knife. We were also recommended this place and will be sure to pass on the message.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Decided to stop for an early dinner with 2 business associates. When we arrived at about 4:30 pm the place was empty so our obvious thought was "should we stay". Well people soon started arriving behind us and we sat took a look at the menu. A very nice selection of classic Greek fair but not overwhelming. We chose callimari and broiled feta as an app and it was quite wonderfully. The addition of mildly hot peppers to the feta was surprisingly good. My 2 dining guest stated that they enjoyed their meals but I cannot speak for them. I on the other hand thoroughly enjoyed my lamb chops. Although cooked just a bit more than my asking, they were well seasoned and fall off the bone tender. I would definitely order them again. The one thing I would suggest is not to overdue the apps. The main meals are served with healthy portions and will easily cause the use of a dodgy bag.

Try this place out if you enjoy Greek food and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've gone as a couple, many times with a family group and sometimes with a friend. Huge portions - you can split with your partner -- otherwise count on taking some home. They willingly 'substitute' -- we stay away from too many carbs so we order extra salad -- and their broccoli is freshly steamed. Our favourite dish -- the Scallops; never have we had them so deliciously cooked, large, tender and tasty. We've never had room for dessert. Good assortment of wines...including my favourite red, Wolf Blass Yellow Label Carbernet Sauvignon. It can get a bit loud which we think can be due to due to the high, open ceilings...beautifully decorated with columns, detailed walls, artwork and a waterfall. Outside patio with umbrellas.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I attended my friend's 60th birthday party a few weeks ago at Sotiris. When I was told where the party would be, I was hesitant as I heard mixed reviews about it. We were greeted enthusiastically and shown to the "party" area. Our waitress was very nice and efficient, drinks arrived soon after ordering. When the guest of honour arrived, we started to order soon afterwards. We were a party of 23 people and I must say, considering the size of our party, the food arrived in a reasonable amount of time. We were given loaves of crusty bread to partake as we waited for our order which was delicious. (my only negative comment would be that the bread should have been brought out a lot sooner than just shortly before the meal) I had an original Greek salad and had the opportunity to sample my neighbor's lamb and other meat on a platter which was pretty good. I heard a lot of good comments about the seafood platter also. I would go back for another visit as there is lots of variety of food. Great service for our big party.