“One of my 2 Favorite Burlington Restaurants”

Sakai Japanese & Korean Cuisine
Ranked #53 of 481 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

(My other favorite is a Thai restaurant).
Wherever I travel, I always like to try sushi. I have even had the pleasure of lunching with the head of cruise ship sales from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, in Nagasaki. (He knew a GREAT place, but I doubt that I could ever find it again without his help).
Sakai, is certainly on a par with any of them, and much better than most.
I like the fact that Sakai serves not only delicately delicious sushi, but also spicy Korean dishes when I really want my taste buds smacked about. Try the Spicy Squid Bokum.

The sushi is fresh and generous. I like the small "Sushi and Sashimi Platter", just for myself. Add the Pahn Chan set ($5.00) for a variety of 3 small plates of interesting veggies, usually including kimchi, bean sprouts, and some pickled cucumber and onion slices. This adds refreshing vegetable taste to the more delicate sushi dishes, and cools the spicy Korean ones. The soft shell crab appetizer is a great way to start. If you do not really like raw fish have the Teriyaki salmon, and where would you ever get a fresher and tastier salmon than in a sushi restaurant?

When the bill comes, it is accompanied by a small dish of 3 palate cleaning morsels. Usually chunks of cantaloupe, honey dew melon, and a single large grape. Perfect ending to a perfect meal.

Not exactly cheap, but not overly expensive either. Dinner for 2, without alcohol, is usually around $60, before tip.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have been going to Sakai at least once a month for the last two years. It's the best sashimi I have had and I can't tell you much else about the menu other than the sashimi bento box is a great lunch at a reasonable price. It's so good I have the same thing every time we go.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Although the reviews for this place are great, we were a little weary about coming here for Korean food but Sakai did not dissapoint. Great bi bim bap, kim chi, and tasty bulgogi. Although I was put off by the price of the bulgogi ($27) especially compared to the prices in typical Korean restaurants, the ribs were of a good amount (about 10-12 pieces) and of a good thickness. Service was phenomenal.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Butter melting sashimi - great quality for the price. Private booths were amazing. Prompt and unobtrusive service. Korean kimchi was a nice touch and complimented the sushi. Will definitely return - our new fav sushi in the area - Highly recommended!!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This restaurant has great food and I loved the atmosphere. They offer traditional Korean dishes that are delicious and well priced. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Occasionally the head chef will come out and deliver your meal which I thought was a nice touch. I loved the booths we sat in, which offer privacy and comfort. The whole restaurant offers a beautiful Asian decor that just adds to the whole dining experience. Very impressive ! I have definitely been back to this restaurant more than once. If you're into spicy food I highly recommend getting a side order of kimchi - enjoy !

3  Thank 0_Toronto_Tony_0