“A mix of matters”
Review of Pepperwood Bistro

Pepperwood Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Pepperwood Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 473 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Locust St. and Brant St.
St George Brant
“A mix of matters”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I made reservations through their website. They sent me an email confirming the reservation. When we arrived 15 minutes early, on the exact date, they had no record of name/reservation. They questiond me a bit, but in rather short time took us to a table that was fine.
Waitress was good. Food was not up to expectations. Three in the party had beef stroganoff. Two of those had ONE small piece of beef, the rest was just noodles. Another had meatloaf that looked and apparently tasted good. I had pizza. It was just ok.
Nice decor but too pricey for the food quality. Dont think we will go back.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Bill P

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Excellent Food and Entertainment.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Fiancé and I were driving home from Orillia and needed a place to eat. It was Sunday so we were having a really hard time because a lot wasn't open. We ended up stumbling across this restaurant online and there were some menu items that sounded pretty good. When we walked in there was a man playing guitar and singing and he was really really good so this was a great surprise and we enjoyed listening to him as we were waiting for our food. The food was really great, the only downfall was I had my heart set on the mussels Québécois. I had seen these on their online lunch menu and when we got there we were told they could only make them at dinner so I was disappointed but I guess we'll just ave to drive back some time. I ended up aging calamari and fries and they were fantastic. They have their own special aioli for dipping and they are amazing. Also they must make their own iced tea or something because it didnt taste like your regular really sweet nestea instead it was the perfect amount of sweetness and reminded me of my grandfathers homemade iced tea that I haven't had in forever. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank tuttifluti3
Smithville ONTARIO
“Just a Bit too Glitzy”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The food was good but too many dishes containing spinach. Décor was attractive but a bit too much glass, chrome for my liking.

Visited November 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“Food Average, Prices High”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Disappointed in the food. Veal was not very good, chicken curry was tasteless. To top things off three of us ordered tea and ice cream for dessert. The tea came back warm (to be generous) and the ice cream was 1/2 melted. The waitress was less than kind. The only reason they can charge the prices for their food is the location.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Matts S
Burlington
“Great first-date spot!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Trendy and upscale. Good food pleasantly served. Good wine selection in a range of pricings. Friendly atmosphere and a nice spot for a couple on a night out.

1 Thank Lorne M