“Good Food and Lots of It”

Napoleon's Steak & Seafood House
Ranked #35 of 495 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had the French onion soup as an app. Best soup ever. Then had the steak topped with crab, asparagus, hollandaise. The steak was good but I think I prefer my steaks plain, not the restaurants fault. You get a choice of salad with your meal so I had the ceasar and it could have fed 4 people. Service was terrific and they surprised us with a free dessert for our anniversary. Great meal.

1  Thank TonyToronto_Canada

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here on a Saturday night. We had made reservations well in advance. We were seated next to the kitchen entrance at a table for two. During the entire evening we had to watch wait staff move tables about into different configurations. And I do mean during the entire meal! The meal itself was so so...certainly not what we were led to believe was the standard here. Will not rush to go back.

1  Thank bandjishi10
Reviewed June 28, 2013

A last minute decision and having accidently passed the turn-off for the restaurant we originally intended to visit, brought us to Napoleon's Steak & Seafood House. Although we didn't have the recommended reservations, they graciously fit us in.

First up was the over-garlicky bread, and sides of pickles, olives and goat cheese that were a nice addition. The bread, salads and choice of potatoes were included with our meals so appetizers were not needed.

Although my friend really enjoyed her huge garden salad and raved about the crispness of the veggies, my dinner-plate sized caesar salad had a little too much dressing for my taste. For the main course my friend ordered the steak and cocktail shrimp combo and I ordered the surf and turf (lobster tail & filet mignon), both with baked potatoes. We were very impressed with our main courses. My filet mignon was done to absolute perfection and the presentation and crisp veggies were excellent. My friend couldn't stop talking about the size of the shrimp and how much she enjoyed her steak.

We both left feeling very content. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great steak! It's a little pricey but well worth it. Remember to make reservations!

1  Thank Tricia C
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been going to Napoleon's for many years off and on - mainly for special occasions. Their food has remained excellent and their caesar salad is to die for... Something that you don't get in a lot of places now is that you get your soup or salad included with your main course, together with your choice of potatoes and vegetables. This is a small family run business and very elegant. I highly recommend this place. They are not open for lunch.

1  Thank mcole
Reviewed May 6, 2013

reasonable steak house but nothing special. I do like a place that does serve garlic bread and good pickles before the meal but I like my steaks thick which they do not have

2  Thank donnaburlington