“Shockingly good buffet just off the QEW!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tucker's Marketplace

Tucker's Marketplace
Ranked #53 of 471 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Shockingly good buffet just off the QEW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

On our way to Niagara Falls this weekend, we passed the Tucker's Marketplace in Burlington and made a note that we might hit it on the way back. On Monday, we did, and were we ever glad!
For those who have not been to a Tucker's, it is a buffet with stations featuring salads, soups and breads, entrees, carved meats and sauces, an order-fresh area and desserts. I have been to a number of Tucker's (I believe there are currently three), and this one not only tops the others, it's about the best buffet experience I've ever had.
We were seated quickly even though the restaurant was busy, and drinks were ordered and delivered promptly. Our waitress, Carrie (hope I spell that right!), was very attentive, cleaning plates quickly, refilling drinks and asking if we needed anything.
And the food! Tucker's always has good salads (the dill potato salad is a favourite), but this time there were turkey wraps on the bar. I took one and thought, "Why am I wasting my time with a turkey wrap?" Wrong -- delicious! They were so good even my kids ate one or two!
The entrees and sides were all well prepared and seasoned, with very good calamari and BBQ'd chicken and a great beef stir fry with noodles. The roast beef (eye of round, actually, I asked) was better than the prime rib I had in Niagara Falls the night before, and the build-your-own-burger station was fantastic! The burgers are made on site and are 8 oz. bombers -- no sliders here! I had mine with cheese and bacon and a toasted bun, and there is a special bar set up for fixings with the standard stuff, plus stone-ground mustard and corn relish. This is a burger you would order at a standard sitdown restaurant for $10-15 and be happy with the quality.
Even the desserts, which I always find to be a letdown at buffets, were excellent. My wife and kids raved about the apple crisp, and I enjoyed the bread pudding and chocolate mousse. And of course, ice cream!
The topper was Carrie and the rest of the waitstaff coming over to sing happy birthday to my daughter Cate. Thanks very much to all of you -- she's still talking about it!
I sought out the general manager, Tim, to tell him what a great job everyone had done, and he took the time to talk with me about his time with Tucker's and how involved they make the managers in the decisions of the restaurants. It made me believe the leadership at Tucker's cares about my family's meal, and that's a good feeling.
The bill made me feel pretty good, too -- Cate was free for her birthday, but even with two adults and three kids, our meal was $58. Solid value, especially given the quality ... and quantity!
We don't venture that way often, but the next time we're around, we'll be back!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Wayne F

Burlington, Canada
“Very good place to bring kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

The food isn't fine dining but it's yummy and everything tastes homemade which is nice. But my favourite thing about this place is it is incredibly family friendly. It's not too quiet. There's lots of kids and food they like. And nobody cares if you'd kid is being noisy. There's even a waiting area with books for kids. Love that

• Visited May 2014
Fort St. John, BC
“Excellent Buffet Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was in Burlington for a week on business and had lunch at Tucker's Marketplace. I am not normally a fan of buffet restaurants - but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by Tucker's Marketplace.

The staff was courteous and prompt and the buffet selection was incredible! The place was packed on a Wednesday and it is not hard to see why........

The quality of the food at this establishment was very high -- I really enjoyed my meal and there is really something for everyone on their buffet.

If you are traveling with a picky eater? This is the place to go -- there is literally everything you could want for a variety of tastes - from ethnic foods to plain old hamburgers (that you prepare yourself).

This was the best buffet style restaurant that I have ever eaten at. It is a real jewel in Burlington's excellent offerings for restaurants -- I only ate lunch there and the price was more than reasonable for the outstanding selection.

Two thumbs up!

• Visited May 2014
“It is alright”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

It is a buffet. Alright selcctions. Servers are friendly. Western or Italian food. Good dessert choices. Brunch available on weekends. Free on birth day with another paid.

• Visited November 2013
“would not go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Variety of food was poor, not much choice in vegetables or potatoes. Meat was overcooked. Expensive for what you have a choice of Would not recommend trying.

• Visited July 2013