“Was better than The Keg!”
Review of Canyon Creek

Canyon Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 485 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Guelph Line
Description: Encounter a premium dining experience without formality at Canyon Creek. Introduce your palate to our Signature Canyon Creek Dip or Golden Calamari appetizer. Enjoy a popular favourite like the Chicago-cut Striploin Steak, Herb Grilled Chicken or the Roasted Prime Rib. We also have over 30 wines by the glass to complement your meal.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food at this restaurant has gone down hill. The prime rib was overcooked and the quality was less than good. Disappointing to say the least. I always ranked this place better than The Keg..... Not anymore.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This restaurant is actually in Burlington rather than Sherway (Mall) as per the location heading

This was our third visit to this Canyon Creek and the food has always been good. However the restaurant does tend to be noisy due to hard surfaces and the seat allocations are always a bit strange. Two of the 3 times we have visited the restaurant has been less than 20% full since we tend to eat early but both times they seated us next to the kitchen where you can hear the banging of the pots and next to other diners whose voices carried. Is this necessary in a mostly empty restaurant? This visit started with coconut shrimp which was tasty and tender. The plank salmon and rainbow trout special were all quite good but the rice accompanying the trout was a little bland.

Service was attentive but not overbearing.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife & I arrived @6pm on a Thursday night without a reservation, but there was no problem as there was plenty of space. We have been here many times & have never been disappointed. We told Lindsay our server we needed to be finished by 7:30pm & she said no problem.
I ordered the top sirloin special & asked for anchovies on the accompanying Caesar salad.. Wow did I get anchovies: fantastic. My steak was done perfectly medium rare and the mashed potatoes were very good.
As usual, my wife ordered the beef salad & she asked for extra pecans; yes she got them.. We shared a delicous brownie for dessert.. I had a Rickards & my wife a Pinot Grigio.
Although we didn't order a bottle, on Thursdays they offer any wine which they serve by the glass @ $25 a bottle which is not a bad deal.
Lindsay was very attentive without being intrusive & we were finished easily by 7:30pm.
The show was great too.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Went for the first time based on recommendation.

We were told no tables. They only had booths as the 5 tables were all booked. Our situation was due to handicap. A member of our party could not climb up to the stools in the bar. I explained our situation to the manager and she happily agreed to see if she could make an arrangement. Meanwhile, we were able to move the booth table diagonally to accommodate our needs. They did come back to us to say they were able to get us a table but once we were finally situated and seated, moving was not an option. We thanked them and stayed in the booth.

Our excellent waitress was well educated on the menu. She was friendly and helpful. She welcomed us as we advised we had never been before. Sadly, the disconnect was how I wanted my steak prepared. I sent it back twice as it was undercooked. The manager came to speak to me to make sure they prepared it correctly but by that time the puddles of blood on my plate seeping into my potato turned me off. She did have the kitchen prepare a new order for me and I took it home. She did remove it from my bill and although my stomach was turning I can honestly say the service was great. They apologized and eventually fixed it.

One of my co diners ordered prime rib and it also arrived undercooked. She didnt say anything, she took it home and fed it to her dogs.

The other diner enjoyed his prime rib however, the yorkshire pudding was hard and over cooked.
The desserts I have to say looked incredible!
It's a nice place but be weary you need to call ahead if you would like a table.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I took my wife and adult son and girlfriend there last week. The lighting is bad at some tables with pot lights shining in your eyes so we moved twice before we found a table. The food was OK at best. The Caesar salad was tasty but way too much dressing. I had the salmon and it was ok. My wife had the shrimp ravioli and it was lousy. Way too much tomato sauce. I was surprised she didn't send it back. Anyway, it will take a lot to get us back there.