“I still hold a grudge...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pier Cafe & Pub - CLOSED

The Pier Cafe & Pub
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ontario, Canada
“I still hold a grudge...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I had an incident here around a year and a bit ago and I still hold a grudge. Went here for breakfast one morning, paid first then got my food. It was a little overpriced but you're paying for the location so wasn't a big deal and I tipped well.
After finishing my OJ and breakfast I was still thirsty so I went up and asked for some water, mind you it was a different person at the counter now. She informed me that I would have to pay for a bottle of water and they can't give away cups. After going back and forth and pointed to the cups they had she then wanted to charge me .25 cents for a reusable cup.
I just purchased breakfast here and tipped and now you are going to nickle and dime me over some water?
I had cash but I told her ok, charge it to my visa. She then just gave me lukewarm water without charging me.
Not cool.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Toronto, Canada
“Simply Brutal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Went there for breakfast this morning. There were only three tables with
people including ours. Took 50 minutes for food to arrive. After 25 minutes,
our server asked us for our order again - she clearly never entered it, then
couldn't remember what our order was. Took 15 minutes for OJ to arrive.
When our order did arrive, toast was missing.
Witnessed two other couples sit down for a coffee - they were never even
served, and left after ten minutes.
Simply brutal and would never go back.

Visited February 2014
Burlington
“Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went there for lunch on Thursday. Had a great seat on the patio with a great view of the lake. Service was prompt and very friendly. Panini and salad was very good. No complaints, would go back again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Burlington, Canada
“Total lack of commitment to any positive customer experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Sunday July 14th. 10:30 AM on a beautiful morning by the lake and the temperature's just right. Got a seat on the patio and then it all went to hell in a handbasket. Only 1 server for the entire patio (about 25 tables). There weren't many people there so we placed our drink order after only about 10 minutes. Received our food order 25 minutes later (how long does it take to cook 2 eggs?) and my wife was missing the sausages. Left the plate and she got her sausages about ten minutes later. The meal was nothing special and certainly not worth the 25 minute wait. The server did her best to greet/placate customers as soon as she could but at least 12 tables left because of non-service and went to the patio next door to eat. In addition, others received their drinks but left before their food arrived due to the excessive wait.

No one to clean the tables and some customers even set their own while waiting. Management couldn't have cared less and stayed inside the entire time we were there rather than helping an obviously frustrated server. A bad experience that will never be repeated! Beware!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John A
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service and food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were looking for a nice patio to get brunch on a Beautiful Saturday morning and found this great spot but it all went downhill from there. We sat down at 11:40 expecting to receive a brunch menu since we noticed people around us were eating what looked like eggs. We sat and waited for the waitress or the guy working with her who looked like he was bussing tables to acknowledge that we were there, maybe bring us a menu, instead we waited until 12:10 before the waitress finally brought a menu, a lunch menu since brunch ended at 12:00. She apologized for the wait, told us someone called in sick and it was her second day on the job. 10 minutes later she took our order and brought my ice tea (no ice?) and my girlfriends tea and took our order. We both ordered the pulled pork and I ordered a garden salad because the waitress informed me that fries were not available. We waited so long that I went inside to ask what was taking so long, there was no customers inside and maybe 10 tables outside at this point, the waitress apologized again and told me it wouldn't be too much longer. We FINALLY received our food at 12:55, almost 1 and a half hours after we first sat down. Instead of garden salad I was brought Cesar salad, the waitress took it back then returned to tell me they are out of garden salad. The pulled pork was NOT what I would expect from a deli, the consistency was cat food like, on a store bought soggy bun with a piece of lettuce and tomato on top and a store bought pickle on the side, zero presentation. We finally received the bill just after 1:00 (I had to go inside and ask for that too) the waitress said they were "fixing it" but as it turns out, they were only trying to remove the salad I didn't order. To sum it up, Disorganized, a language barrier between the waitress and the 4 staff standing behind the counter and the bus boy and very sad food to say the least.

• Visited July 2013