“Surprised”

Emma's Back Porch & Water Street Cooker
Ranked #27 of 484 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cottage Cookin on the Best Patio in Southern Ontario!
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have eaten at Emma's many times for lunch. However on this occasion we went for dinner. My wife and I found that the wait staff were very young and inexperienced, My sister in law's food was under cooked a no no for Fish, However they did give her another choice, but by the time they had a manager come over she was also very young and we waited 20 mins to speak to her. By the time she had her meal served we were all finished and she ate alone.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a popular place for special occasions and is a favorite to hold office parties during the holiday season. The food is very tasty and the service is friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is lively and a table by the window offers a view of Lake Ontario. The only drawback is that it is not disabled access friendly - you must climb the stairs to reach the restaurant on the second floor.

1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Great place to go for drinks and pub food. Can't beat the back patio that overlooks the lake...if you can get a seat!

1  Thank MHurst2013
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had the jerk chicken salad and it was great. Awesome view. A little grungy inside but I think because it's more of a sports bar so wasn't expecting high end decor.

1  Thank Northerngirrl
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Let me start by saying the view from this restaurant is spectacular - it's just too bad the owner hasn't taken the time to renovate this place but apparently cares enough to make the colour of the printing of the dinner receipt red and you can't read it. The dinner was just o.k., my friend and I had burgers but the dinner was barely finished when the waitress whisked away the dishes - they seem to be in a hurry to clean up the table! - the caesars were delicious - too bad they don't put any liquor in them. I had 2 and didn't feel a thing - maybe that's why they cost $5.09 each. The tables are peeling, the floor is rotting and it seriously needs a good coat of paint. Why does the owner not care enough to make this better. I think this may cater to a younger crowd who don't care about décor or a great ambiance. Anyways, I may go back but just for drinks and only in summer where I can enjoy a beer on their back porch. I just wish they'd renovate to make it a lot nicer than it is - it could be great.

1  Thank JoanneV095