“Great outdoor casual dining”

Emma's Back Porch & Water Street Cooker
Ranked #26 of 485 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cottage Cookin on the Best Patio in Southern Ontario!
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Second time this summer for a late lunch/early dinner - great views, great food, great service. No complaints. Really good fresh cut fries!

Reviewed September 10, 2011

I went to Emma's back porch for the first time today , and it will be the last time as well.

First the table was sticky, the bathroom was so disgusting no toilet paper .

Our waitress I believe thought she was at yuk yuks and was so annoying. Not only did we wait almost an hour for our food , but then they brough me the wrong thing. Then it took another 1/2 hr to ge the right order and by then lunch was over and I wasnt hungry. No one checked on us , it was like we were in their way.

I was not impressed at all... to top it off after all the mix up they didnt even offer a small discount off our bill as goodwill or good customer .

Be ware they are not prepared and if I wanted to see a comedian ( and she wasnt even funny just annoying , it was too much ) I would of gone to yuk yuks which maybe I should of .

Stay away.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Really enjoyed our lunch here, the waitresses were very friendly and we all commented on the good service. Nice spot on the patio, and the food was great.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

My spouse & I went to the Spencer Smith CANADA DAY celebrations/fireworks. Decided to go to this eatery based upon visits some time ago. 6:45 in the evening. The place was crowded as to be expected, we did agree to wait for a spot. We were called to our (indoor) table after 1/2 hour later, said table was sticky and unkempt looking. No worries, spread napkins where the utensils would go. Only trouble was I had to chase down another server to get utensils, our waitress seemed to feel we could eats sans required equipment. Water too was scarce, several people were asked, we finally got some. We have been to many places in our travels, third world included, places there put this establishment to shame All in all our teen server was awful, The calamari was not at all the best ever tasted, and the hamburgers were charred a little. An order of sweet potato fries was met with a wrong order of regular fries. The meal was brought to us by others then our server, when she finally got back to us (by then the place was anything but crowded) the error was mentioned and all we got was 'Sorry about that', nothing said to try and correct this. When it came time to pay out, we simply wanted to enjoy our evening and not tangle with anybody to argue of the meal, I then asked if I could pay by debit. "Sorry, we don't take debit, we have a bank machine, etc..., the sign was posted..." "Where? I ask" "Sorry" says the waitress, off she goes. OK, cash was scarce, just enough to pay the bill, the tip reflects what we felt of the service, the place, the cleanliness. This was accented perfectly with the pig sty in the washrooms. Sorry! Bartenders very slow just to mention. I was a server for 20 years, Definitely a Management problem! Basically, They need more help, it seems they are going on a reputation that they had several years ago, it certainly has changed when we were there a few years ago. What a total waste of money, regardless, the two of us made the best of it, and had a good laugh, simply want to let others know what they may expect from this place.

2  Thank sammyb09
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We met our son there as he was in town on business. I've been to many restaurants, but this one I rated as one of the worst! There was a very large party in the indoor area who seemed to be celebrating something. We settled in on the patio, changed tables because of its stability and then enjoyed the view. The waitress was personable enough and arrived quickly, in fact there seemed to be many waitresses.
We ordered our drinks and perused the menu. I ordered the mussels appetizer, my husband ordered chicken quesadilla and our son ordered calamari and wings. After many minutes the waitress returned to advise that they were out of mussels and grouper. This was a Monday evening. My appetite is small and gravitates toward fish, so I substituted with the fish taco appetizer.
The meal (appetizers) took a very long time to get to the table. When it arrived it was cold and tasteless. The calamari was rubbery, the quesadilla dry and flavourless ("like chunks of meat in dough"), the wings were overcooked and shriveled, and the fish tacos (they used halibut) totally overdone and cold. I will never go back there again.

1  Thank fasenuf