“Not sure how to describe it” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Goderich, Canada
“Not sure how to describe it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I love Bombay Grill so was very interested to try the food here. It was takeout and on the way home it smelled heavenly. The problem is that like the other reviewer's comment it was neither Indian or Chinese. I think that is the taste they are aiming for but it just doesn't seem to work somehow. The quality of the food was fine, just the confusing flavour combinations just don't seem to work. Do yourself a favour and go to Bombay Grill instead.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Goderichgal

Oakville, Canada
“Wasn't Bombay and Wasn't Chinese”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went there last night on the recommendation of a friend. I’d had food from this restaurant previously at her house and it didn't seem that bad, or I was just being polite. It was a while ago so unfortunately I don’t and didn't remember. So I placed an order on the phone and picked up the food for a take out. The service seemed cordial and acceptable, the restaurant’s clean and the interior’s lacklustre. I ordered a vegetarian hot & sour soup, veggie Hakka noodles and a dry chilli chicken. Every dish seemed to have an explosion of soy sauce in it, way too much to make it palatable. The chicken seemed off and found its way into the garbage can; thankfully the quantities weren't huge so I didn't feel bad throwing what we couldn't finish into the bin. Some of the best Indian style Chinese food I've ever had has been in Bombay (Mumbai); I’d strongly suggest that owner take a trip there. Wouldn't go back or recommended to anyone, if I could only remember who the girl was that recommended it, I’d give her a call!!

• Visited March 2013