“Great burger”

The Works
Ranked #24 of 495 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Good burger and prices are similar to any other decent restaurant in town. It all depends on how loaded you want your burger. Burgers and fries are nothing special but at The Works they do it right.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

As with every new restaurant opening in Burlington this place received a lot of buzz. Tried this place out for dinner. When we arrived there was a line coming out from the front door. Hostess was very friendly and assured us that it wouldn't be long. We were seated and ordered right away since we had much time waiting in line looking at the menu. I'm a fan of the measuring cups they use as cups to drink out of. If only they came around and refilled them more than twice. The first time when the drinks arrive and the second time as you sit there with your bill waiting for the debit/credit machine. The burgers we all had were great. The toppings fantastic and the way they are grilled just perfect.
The menu is well thought of and has just the right amount of variety but is priced too much like my cable bill is. Where the channels you want are separated and bundled together with other channels you don't very much care for. So when you want to get what you really want you have to really pay for it.
All in all it is worth it to try this place as there is none like it for miles but more importantly because you will more than likely just go the one time.

2  Thank Franz C
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had heard a lot of really great things about this place, so I decided to check it out, and it definitely lives up to the hype! The onion ring stack was perfect, crispy and not overly greasy like some onion rings can be. The burgers were perfect, and not over cooked. The poutine was delicious, and with real curd which is key. I wish we had the space in our bellies to try a dessert or milkshake! I'm honestly not sure what people's issue with the pricing is, since most restaurant burgers tend to range from $10 - $15 depending on where you go...I guess people are used to paying for fast food burgers? I can't wait to go back and try something else!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Have heard lots of great things and finally went to try it. The food is very average - nothing special about the burgers or food. The food just makes you feel gross. Service was slow and to be honest it doesnt deserve another visit - too many better places for burgers and fast food type items.

1  Thank Jason W
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I tried the Works a few Saturdays ago on our way to a late movie...we waited 10 minutes for a table and had amazing service and great atmosphere. Sure it's $13.00 for a burger and fries but if you've been to Union Burger or 5 Guys you will pay that and the Works is FAR SUPERIOR! We had the beef burger with one of the creative toppings and everything about it was amazing. We compared it to the best burger we've ever had at 5 Napkin Burger in NYC.The lady next to us had the elk burger and commented on how smooth tasting it was. Considering this place is downtown Burlington and it's not overly large I can definetly rationalize the price point. Seriously, if you want a cheap burger and fries go somewhere else - you get what you pay for.