“Excellent food & service”
Review of Celli's Osteria - CLOSED

Celli's Osteria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brant & James
Transit: Burlington Buses 2 & 5 drop you off practically on our door step! The Burlington John Street terminal is a short 5 minute walk away.
Description: Rustic Italian cuisine with a contemporary twist. In Italian, Osteria means ‘tavern’ or ‘inn’ where visitors may enjoy simple lodging and traditional food and wine. We proudly celebrate this heritage by upholding a classical understanding of the value of the simple things—family, food and comfort—by welcoming you to enjoy the warm embrace of Celli’s Osteria. Enjoy rustic Italian dishes with a contemporary flare that express our belief in the value of seasonal products and simple, genuine flavours. Enjoy seasonal menus and a combination of both locally produced and imported Italian ingredients, cultivating a ‘glocal’ blend of enchanting flavours that are beautifully complemented by an extensive wine list. Come dine with us at Celli’s, where we offer you an opportunity to celebrate the flavour of the simple life.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had our Easter dinner at this restaurant on April 19, 2014 and we were very impressed with the food and service! I will certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone!

3  Thank Chesa E

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We recently hosted a private party with close family and friends to celebrate my father's life - he passed away on March 10, 2014. The General Manager, Linda, was most helpful in planning the event. We were given a private room and the GM along with the chef assisted in creating our menu which we had given a budget for. All in all, the food was great and everyone couldn't stop talking about it all night and the following days. We had two servers for our party of 18 and they were both friendly and professional! My fiancé and I have been going to Celli's Osteria since it first opened for dinners together as well as other occasions with family and friends. They have never disappointed! Everyone in the party who we introduced the Celli's to would come back again for sure. A very special thanks to Celli's for being part of an important dinner for my family and I.

2  Thank Mel F
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Food 11 out of 10 but .... seated immediately on arrival but had to wait 10 minutes for server to approach which happened only after asking hostess for assistance .... had to wait 20 minutes between appetizer and entree and, when brought to server's attention, was told kitchen behind due parties of 12 and 14 at other tables ... spoke to server's Supervisor who basically said they prepared food in order they received but she would check. No offers of complimentary desert or discount on bill. Won't be back.

P.S. Our server was pleasant and professional but things clearly beyond her control.

1  Thank Gord F
Reviewed March 20, 2014

If I ever reach 91, don't think I'll worry too much what my guests think of the lunch I was good enough to pay for--but hey I'm just a couple months shy of 75 ! We've celebrated with our good friend many times before at this location , though as pointed out by earlier reviewers, it has gone through several changes of name and ownership over the years. As we had our choice from the luncheon menu, I enjoyed having my partner of many years read them to me as I had forgotten [as usual !] my reading glasses.We both enjoy real Italian pasta, so the lobster laced option was a "must." Same for fresh seafood and as the attentive (almost overly according to my wife--which I attribute to the attractiveness of the server) waitress vouched for the seabass, that was a second order, both of which we wanted to share. Both pretty good too although I would have preferred the pasta served first , Italian style, and the fish second as it was from the "secondi" section of the menu. Oh, the empty plate (for sharing purposes) should have been the same, large size as the one the whole (if small) sea bass reposed on. The accompanying white and red wines were wonderful, so on the whole a very pleasant lunch celebrating our 91 year old friend, who looked and acted half his age [well, almost !].
And the desserts? my chocolate pie reminded me of a good chocolate fudge but I really didn't know what the other "stuff" on the plate was supposed to be--other than the plumb blueberries. The creme brule was tiny, but the taste was reportedly very good. So all in all,

1  Thank finicula
Reviewed March 20, 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated by a friendly door attendant. The staff were extremely professional and helpful with deciding on the choice from the menu. The food was fantastic, well priced and good size portions.
I loved the atmosphere, looking out on the street all lit up with lights. Very cozy but elegant at the same time. I appreciated the layout of the tables so if you were having a date night you we in a quite corner but if you were bringing a group they had tables for that as well.
I would definitely return and recommend.