“Great from Start to Finish” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Celli's Osteria

Celli's Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Celli's Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 471 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brant & James
Transit: Burlington Buses 2 & 5 drop you off practically on our door step! The Burlington John Street terminal is a short 5 minute walk away.
Description: Rustic Italian cuisine with a contemporary twist. In Italian, Osteria means ‘tavern’ or ‘inn’ where visitors may enjoy simple lodging and traditional food and wine. We proudly celebrate this heritage by upholding a classical understanding of the value of the simple things—family, food and comfort—by welcoming you to enjoy the warm embrace of Celli’s Osteria. Enjoy rustic Italian dishes with a contemporary flare that express our belief in the value of seasonal products and simple, genuine flavours. Enjoy seasonal menus and a combination of both locally produced and imported Italian ingredients, cultivating a ‘glocal’ blend of enchanting flavours that are beautifully complemented by an extensive wine list. Come dine with us at Celli’s, where we offer you an opportunity to celebrate the flavour of the simple life.
Burlington, Canada
“Great from Start to Finish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I went as part of a group during the Taste of Burlington this past weekend. There were 8 of us in total and we reserved one of their private rooms. Becca was our server and was very versed on the menu and wine options. The restaurant was packed when we arrived, so service at the start was a bit slow.

We all loved our meals. I had the Breaded Shrimp, Braised Beef Shortribs and Walnut Apple Tart. I have to say it was one of the best start-to-finish culinary experiences I've had in years and years. Every bite was fantastic (outside of the ricotta gnochetti).

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ritch L

Ashland, Ohio
“Unique menu and great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had dinner with my boss here the other night, and we were really impressed with the menu. (This is not a typical Italian restaurant.) The mushroom brushetta was fantastic! For my entree I had the braised rabbit pasta, and it was wonderful! Service was excellent, and it was really competitively priced. Atmosphere was soooo comfortable, but still upscale and modern! Will definitely be back next time I am in Burlington. =D

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank MelHes
Toronto, Canada
“In hindsight having leftovers at home would have been better.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Dinner with seven family members and there was not a good meal served to any of us. This was a great disappointment to our family who loved this place before the re-launch.
The food was bland. Meats were over done. The food was slow coming out to the table. I do not typically give negative reviews - I just don't return- but in this case I cannot recommend the food here at all.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stahl_D
Georgetown, Canada
“Major Changes to Menu. Awesome Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Visited with my wife and friends on Friday night. Great atmosphere, service was excellent, and the food was unreal. Lots of attention to detail. Food was different, yet still had the authentic Italian feel. Highly recommend with the changes and amazing new chef.

• Visited November 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“Fabulous food = fabulous time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

With much anticipation of going to Cellis, I was beyond pleased with the experience! The interior is lovely and the downtown location adds to the lively ambiance that my girlfriends and I enjoyed on the busy Saturday evening that we went. The service was exceptional from start to finish with knowledgeable, friendly and attentive staff. One of my girlfriends; who has a severe nut allergy, was not limited in enjoying the wonderful food, as ensured by our accommodating server and head Chef. The menu also has a good selection of gluten free options for those with an intolerance.

THE FOOD is FANTASTIC! This was a culinary dining experience thoroughly enjoyed by us all. The chic menu has something for everyone and I am already anticipating what I might try next time around. With house cocktails and a nice selection of wine in hand, we started with an assortment of crostini’s including one with rabbit and marsala cherries, a smooth buffalo ricotta one with a perfect balance of sweet honey drizzled on top, and one with fresh tomatoes, basil and parmigiano cheese. They were all so delicious. We also enjoyed a taste of a perfectly cooked scallop in a yummy sauce, along with a fresh tortellini - which I wish I could remember what it all entailed - as I was too busy enjoying the presentation in front of me and the taste in my mouth.

For our mains, my two girlfriends had a ceasar salad and the margherita pizza, while I went for the branzino (sea bass) with a red pepper sofrito, nice bite sized pieces of broccoli and a side order of eggplant caponata. It was so delicious, and just like our tasty appetizers, cooked, seasoned and presented exceptionally.

Since my girlfriends and I were having such a great time, we had to go all out and have some dessert. My lactose intolerance, along with my friends nut allergy, did not stop us in having a tasty ending as we had some yummy carrot cake, a light and fruity sorbet, and a buffalo ricotta cheesecake with vanilla ice cream.

As a bit of a foodie who loves to dine out, I would highly recommend Cellis if you want great service, a rich atmosphere, and most importantly: if you want to eat amazing food prepared by an amazing Chef!

• Visited November 2012