“Surprisingly good”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for lunch this week. The parking lot was so busy that I was worried we wouldnt be able to get in. Well I was wrong on that one, the place was empty as can be. We had never been here before and had no idea what we getting into. We usually read up on a restaurant before trying it out but this time it was just by chance that we spotted this place. We were seated at a table surrounded by a grill with just one other couple. Nothing was explained to us by the server it was the other couple told us where to look on the menu and how the ordering gets done. It didnt take long to figure out whatever we order would be made right in front of us. I ordered the steak and chicken and my wife ordered the salmon and steak. It came with soup, salad, rice plus vegetables. The food was fresh and delicous. We were impressed. It was fast and entertaining. But I bet if the place would have been packed and you were sitting with more people it would have been more fun. But for the price it was worth it.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a dinner out at Hibachi Restaurant this past weekend. We both enjoyed the food, as well as the entertainment by the chef at our table. It was a fun atmosphere, and very good for kids as well. The sushi appetizer was good, but not great. The main course was very good. I had the steak and lobster while my wife had the shrimp. Of all of them, we both agreed that the shrimp was the best, while the others were both good as well. The fried rice was fantastic and definitely worth the upgrade in price. I would recommend this restaurant, and will return, next time with my children.

1  Thank Hockeyfan17
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Watch your eye brows when they light the smiley face on fire, at the beginning of the show. Food was great, sushi was really good. Even my 4 year old ate it. Our 11 year old out ate my wife and I, not that there wasn't enough food. Soup was a little to salty. Salad was too salty as we'll. beef/ and chicken were really good. Go for the fried rice if they ask. If your kids don't eat a lot , or are very picky not a place for them. A little pricey, but still cheaper then a Buffett. If you have never been, go check it out. A very good experience and a very nice outing.
Enjoy! We will be back!

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We went here after purchasing a groupon online. We would not have came here if not for the extreme discount we recieved. Overall it was fun. The staff was attentive and the food was very good but I'm glad we didn't have to pay full price....it wasn't THAT good.

1  Thank MrAndMrsKane
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband, two 9-year old boys, and myself, decided rather last minute to go try out Hibachi Restaurant. We took a chance and showed up at 6:00 on a Friday night without reservations and were pleasantly surprised to be given a seats right at the Teppanyaki table. What a fun experience! The chef did a cute show at his grill before preparing our dinner. The kids loved it.

We started off with some salmon sashimi. We're big sushi fans and had no idea sushi was even on the menu. The sashimi pieces were a generous size as often restaurants cut them so teeny. For my main I had the Teppanyaki steak and scallop combo and they were cooked perfectly. The steamed rice was great but for the extra couple of dollars, go for the fried rice. The grilled veggies contained a great assortment of veggies. The servers were quick and efficient.

It's not a cheap night out, budget 25.00 to 30.00 a person but well worth it for the entertainment factor. Will go back again.

1  Thank julestoronto