“Why offer a Groupon to get new business and then drive your customers away?”
Review of Sea 2 Fork - CLOSED

Sea 2 Fork
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Itabashi and Upper middle
Oakville, Canada
“Why offer a Groupon to get new business and then drive your customers away?”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hi,
Finally used my Groupon for a fantastic meal of halibut and chips and a fish sandwich at Sea 2 Fork. We made a reservation, told them we were using a Groupon as instructed on the voucher, presented our waiter (very nice) with our voucher. We ordered the halibut special on the board for $10.99. We really enjoyed the fish, light and crispy batter, great fries, ok coleslaw, could use some zing. Daughter loved the sandwich and all was going so very well...

Our waiter applied the voucher amount to our bill using the regular price on the menu, not the price on the board. He told us he forgot to tell us that he couldn't apply the voucher to the specials. It was really busy and he was nice, so we paid the bill, then just before we left I heard another waiter tell another Groupon customer that the restaurant was going to make the special price the regular price once they expired. We had been sitting there talking about how we were going to tell everyone how good the restaurant was and then poof...we left with a very bad feeling about it all. I went home, did the complete math, checked all the rules on the voucher and calculated that we paid $20.34 more for our food than we should have. There wasn't anything on the voucher that said it couldn't be used towards daily specials...it said $30 worth of seafood. It annoys me when merchants change the rules of their Groupon.

Despite enjoying the meal I doubt we will support this business.

• Visited February 2013

Burlington, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More fish in the sea...”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to give this restaurant a try tonight. We chose takeout and purchased the Halibut and chips. Comparing this meal to our favorite restaurant (The Thistle on Fairview), we were highly disappointed. The batter was thin and flat. The fish was completely without taste. The french fries were OK (passable) but not the typical thick french fries that accompany fish. The fish was thick and dense - this would be a plus if it had even a hint of flavour - but it didn't. We tried this new place because we received a half price special of $22 for 2 Halibut and Chip dinners. I can't even imagine how bad I would feel if I payed full price for this meal - I was disappointed at the discounted price!! I will never return and will not recommend this restaurant to anyone I know (and like). The portions were adequate but nothing compared to other fish and chip restaurants in Burlington.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Cdot26
Mississauga
“All I can say is good luck if your a Groupon Holder”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Bought a Groupon to use at this place
they dont answer the phone and the place is on winter hours which is not posted on their website
but in small writing on the door
I trie to go to lunch their but made this discovery when I go tthere so I waited the 2 1/2 hours till it opened again for business.Couple in front of us were seated with no reservation and my party as well as others behind us were turned away.I told them I had the coupon to be used and that they didnt answer the phone or post the new hours on their website.Not at all pleased after wasting my time waiting for nothing.Never see my business in future

Oakville, ON, Canada
“Disappointing Deal”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Like previous reviewer edemec, I used Groupon(s) to take my husband out for fish and chips. I, too, was confused by their Groupon valuation, but did not make a big deal of it as we are not planning to return. The cod fish and chips were prepared well, but somewhat oversalted. Coleslaw was freshly made and tasty, but as edemec wrote - you only get a tablespoon or so of it.
While food is decent, the wait for it is simply not acceptable. And please don't make the server go in and out of those annoying swinging doors to retrieve condiments every time a table asks for them. I can only imagine how much more dizzying it must be for the server!

1 Thank OakONResident
Burlington, Ontario
“Lies, shoddy service and tiny portions. Next!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Oh dear...I bought 2 Groupons for 4 orders of fish and chips and we used the first one this past Sunday.

We took our 4 kids (6 people total) and called hours ahead for a reservation. The Groupon claims a value of $72 for the four orders of fish and chips, but on arrival the only option allowed is cod, which is listed at $8.99. So my math says the Groupon is actually worth $35.96 or $0.96 more than I paid for it. I take issue with being lied to by businesses.

Quick summary: over 1 hour from ordering to receiving our meals. Two tables that arrived after us were served food before us. The chef decided we were all getting halibut when 2 of us had ordered cod. The portions were kiddie meal sized that left my husband, myself and two of our kids still hungry when we were done. We ordered dessert and were told that had......none.

Note to the restaurant: If you've invested your money in a business and want it to succeed, why are you deliberately driving away customers? Phony pricing, tiny portions, shoddy service... The food was fine, but waiting an hour for a measly serving of food I didn't order? You've got to be kidding me. BTW - your coleslaw is really good. Perhaps giving customers more than 2 tablespoons of it would help?

Not looking forward to using the other Groupon voucher. I think my husband and I will go alone so we get two portions each because at least they have cheap booze...

2 Thank edemec