“Great Breakfast”

Best Western Plus Burlington Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed at this location 4 days,3 nights,my spouse was on business I tagged along for some R&R,extremely clean,spacious rooms,friendly staff,great breakfast in the morning included with the say,great location,within walking distance to the Burlington Mall,plenty of restaurants within driving distance,the hotel has a pool,hotub and up to date cardio equipment,if you need anything more than cardio Goodlife Fitness is in the Burlington Mall.I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oshawa
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Despite the hicc-up at check in and check out, this hotel meet my needs.
The room was nice and clean. The beds comfortable and I Loved the pillows! The TV was a new flat screen of good size, there was a fridge and microwave in the room too. The bathroom was clean, with plenty of towels for only the two of us. I did find a plastic lid behind the toliet paper roll - but other than that, the room was very clean.

The salt-water pool was a great size and clean! The hot tub was clean and hot, although I would have preferred stronger jets.

The gym only contained 3 pieces of cardio equipment; but at 7 am it was not busy so that was not an issue. The treadmill speed was not accurate - but the belt did move. Not sure of the speed I was going because to get it up to a comfortable speed - the readout was over 9 miles per hour! (I usually run at 6.4 mph).

The breakfast was really good and I was happy it started at 6 am. I just wish they offered yogourt as well: however, it did include the hot waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, bananas, apples, toast/bagels, muffins and pasteries and hard boiled eggs!

I booked through VIA rail Canada and the hotel apparently never received my reservation from them. The clerk checking me in, did review my confirmation (on my email) and after about 20 minutes, we were in the room. I thought the situation was fixed - however, on check out is when I realized that it wasn't. Of course, it would have made more sense for the situation to be fixed Saturday when I had time - instead of Sunday when we were pressed for time to get to the event we going to (and the reason for the hotel stay). Long story short - I was charged twice for the room. I am not faulting the hotel for not receiving the reservation - but I am faulting them for not following up with me or VIA on Saturday! I did contact VIA and after a discussion with the hotel, VIA is refunding (not received yet) the charges they charged when I booked (the hotel was a little more).
I would recommend this hotel but I would suggest if you book through a third party, to follow up with the hotel that they received your confirmation - before you go. I was originally going to book directly with the hotel, but when doing so, the system timed out and then wanted 20 dollars more - so I was ticked off and booked for a better rate through VIA. I was happy the hotel was able to accommodate us on such a busy weekend and we did enjoy our stay and the facilities here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lori W
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We arrived early in the day...(11:30 am...way before check in time). Only one of our two rooms were ready but they gave us both room keys and said they would call when it was ready. Had both rooms by 12. EXTREMELY polite girl at front desk,. checked us in with no hassle, gave us directions to a restaurant for lunch, gave us cab advise AND asked about our night on the town the next morning. Very clean, comfy room but water pressure was weak. Evening guy at front desk made me feel like I was bothering him when I asked for change for vending machine, Night shift guy was very polite...(even at midnight). Breakfast was pretty good...eggs sausage home-fries in a steamer tray, muffins and pastries, make your own waffles as well as juice, coffee and tea! There was a hockey team staying at the same time, but only saw them in the parking lot or at breakfast...kudos to those parents for keeping the kids quiet! Had the pool and hot tub to our selves...LOVE the saltwater!
Great weekend away

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Melancthon, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We only stayed at this location one night, that was enough! Unfriendly staff, room was not very clean, plumbing issues (sink did not drain, toilet didn't flush properly, not water pressure and mildly warm warm in the shower). Spend a bit more and stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Wendy B
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel was clean and staff friendly, but the shower pressure was very low. Also, I left something behind and when I got back home called to see if someone could look into it. I was told I'd get a call back but haven't yet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The guy working at the front desk seemed to be incompetent and apathetic. It took three sets of keys before we could get into a room. My partner was *thoroughly* unimpressed with the fact we had to make multiple trips to the front desk to fix the key issue - going up and down in the worlds slowest elevator.
We were both even more annoyed when we came downstairs and had to wait for buddy at the front desk to hang up from a personal call. Since the front desk attendant couldn't troubleshoot the keys he walked us to the crummiest room on the 1st floor (not the room we were initially slated to have), and awkwardly/creepily entered our room with us... Not once did he apologize for the key issue, he barely spoke to us and made it seem like our inability to get into the room we paid for was *such* an inconvenience for *him*.

The room was kind of noisy (hwy next door) and had little privacy on the first floor/near the stairs. Breakfast was not great - although maybe the least awful part. I am pretty sure the eggs began life in some kind of powder form -- *yuck*. Pillows were ridiculously lumpy, towels cheap and itchy, and bed less than mediocre. Even at a Hotwire rate - this was overpriced for midweek.. There is another hotel across the street that I prefer over this one.

• Stayed January 2014
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Loved this hotel! It was beautifully decorated, the staff went out of their way to make my stay perfect! The room was perfect and a great comfort in a very cold season. The free breakfast was fabulous with a variety of hot and cold foods to choose from as well as a hot omelette station to have made fresh by request! The menu choices for the evening meal were a very good value for some amazing food and generous helpings! Love this hotel and look forward to my next visit to the area!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business