“Clean and affordable hotel in convenient location”

Best Western Plus Burlington Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Toronto, Canada
“Clean and affordable hotel in convenient location”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Plus for one night after attending a wedding in Stoney Creek. We were heading east of the GTA the next morning, so it was a good location for us - close to major highways.

We checked in late, just after midnight, and had to wait a little while for staff to show up at the front desk. Our room had one king bed plus a sitting area and bathroom. The room and bathroom were fairly clean, and both a good size. Clean and comfortable were our only two requirements for this hotel since we slept and then left first thing in the morning. A bonus was the contintental breakfast, served until 9am and included in the price, which was a little better than usual for this quality of hotel.

We paid just over $100 for the room, and would stay here again if we were in the area and the price were similar.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western Burlington Inn for one night in August, 2011. This was a last minute booking and I wanted something convenient to the major highways in the area.
The hotel is located right adjacent to the 403 Queen Elizabeth Way, not really anywhere near downtown Burlington, but an easy drive away.
The staff at the front desk were very accommodating and set us up with a room with two double beds for about $150 (I am sure discounts might be available, but we were last minute).
The entire hotel is non-smoking and the rooms were clean and smoke free. Note that no pets are allowed.
The room was appointed with the typical Best Western items, nothing fancy at all.
The air conditioning unit is one that is built into the wall, so it does make some noise.
The bathroom was clean with no issues at all.
A continental breakfast is served and consists of cereal, muffins, a machine where you can make waffles and also scrambled eggs and potato hash brown paddies.
Overall I was pleased with the hotel for what I needed it for, simply a clean convenient place to sleep on my way east the following day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
calgary
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I recently stayed at Best Western Burlington for one night because we were attending my uncles funeral.
No problems checking in accept that they wanted to charge for any extra adults in the room - $10 each which I was fine with - we also ordered an extra cot for $20.
I had to pick my brother up at the airport late that night so didn't get back to the hotel till about 1am.
When we arrived back my brother decided he wanted his own room so he paid for his own room and we moved an adult over to his room also.
There was a very friendly and helpful man on duty that night and he removed the extra adult charges from our room.
He also asked if we wanted the cot removed but I knew my mum was already asleep on it and it wouldn't be fair to wake her otherwise I would have had them remove the cot and return the charge to my card.
So on returning home and checking my credit card bill - surprise surprise - there is a $50 charge on it - for what?
I tried calling the hotel and had the lady try to argue with my - oh what a surprise from Best Western (see my other review for the Best Western Red Deer) - but she told me that the manager would call me back as he was with another customer. I don't understand why he would need to call me back - why she couldn't just refund my money - they seem to have no problem charging your credit card without permission - I recieved the bill for the room and it was not $50 - so they illegally charged my card.
And it's now 6 hours later - no call from their manager - I have called again and again they tell me they will get the manager to call me back.
I only stayed at Best Western because of the close proximity to my Uncles house, I wish I had used my better judgement and not stayed with them again.
They are crooks and their customer service is just as bad.

Room Tip: Check your Bill
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Kanata
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Our extended family stayed here for a family wedding. We had excellent service by phone reservation and also during our stay. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool. Breakfast was the usual but certainly good quality.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Had a King room with business amenities. Very clean, bed was most comfortable,slept well. Bathroom was very clean no problem at all. Desk clerk called up to ask how we found the room and were we happy with it. We thought that was a great thing to do - we have never had that happen before! We asked about booking and cab and the Desk clerk just went ahead and did that for us which was very nice of her to do. Breakfast was excellent. Lots of variety including waffles, hard boiled eggs etc.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 16, 2010

All the staff were really nice. Hotel room was very clean, bed was comfortable, and bathroom was a good enough size. Hotel is currently expanding so there was construction going on, but it did not interfere with our sleeping, comfort, etc. If ever in the area we will definately come back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Best Western ruined my Valentines Day. The room was filthy. There was pee on the toilet seat, mold on the bathroom walls, pubic hair on the floors and shower. There were stains of spilled drinks on the desk and walls. There was dust everywhere. I had to clean the coffee maker before using it because it was so dusty. The coffee maker clogged and spilled boiling water all over me. I had to run cool water over my burns which is when I discoverd how disgusting the shower was. We had to leave so we could go to the drugstore to treat my burns. We went straight home after that. We called the next morning to speak to the manager. He told me he would call me back, which he never did. I called him back and he was very rude to me and would not refund my money. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple