“Lovely Patio”

Ranked #305 of 484 Restaurants in Burlington
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Walkers and Guelph lines on South Service Road
Description: Ivy Bar + Kitchen is a Contemporary, Cosmopolitan, Restaurant and Bar located in Burlington Ontario, Canada. Ivy's approachable modern design and inviting ambiance, combined with a fun, fresh, and genuine approach to great food and service-make Ivy a favorite spot for upscale casual dining, cocktails, or weekend nightlife. From the moment you walk inside, you will be taken on an impressive journey of lush greenery, and casual modern elegance. A distinctive setting of contemporary furnishings and finishes create many unique spaces to accommodate a wide range of hospitality in our bright and inviting naturally lit dining room• An inviting dinner for two or more• Dining or drinks at one of our inviting bar spaces• A sociable group dinner• A small plate and cocktail gathering• A special occasion dinner for up to 14 persons in our Private Dining Room• Exciting weekend nightlife for a mature adult crowd• Large exclusive events. Ivy's appetizing cuisine ventures through approachable American and International chef-driven classics, with a touch of modern flair. A world-class wine list combined with a fun creative cocktail program- make Ivy 's warm and inviting spaces a first choice for discerning libation seekers of every taste. The nightlife on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays is created with accents of sophistication, to appeal to a classier adult taste. We are proud to be continually nominated as the destination of choice for evening guests ranging from late twenties, thirties, forties, and on. Nightlife on Friday and Saturday night after 10pm - the scene is full of great music, bustling bar action for a more sophisticated night out, and plenty of areas to dance, socialize, snack, or mingle the night away. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a business lunch on the patio a few weeks ago. The restaurant was a bit empty which might make you wonder but the food was quite delicious. The service was prompt and polite and the outdoor patio is ideal for a quiet conversation. We will definitely return.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great restaurant with resonable prices and outstanding service.
I was there not long ago with few of my girlfriends on the Thursday night and we had an amazing night out. The live music adds so much more to an excellent night out.
The service was great and we were all happy with our food.
Definitely will be back.

1  Thank daylight31
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have had several excellent experiences at Ivy Bar and Kitchen. I usually come to the restaurant with family and/or friends after work for dinner. We like that there is a variety with the menu and we have always had exceptional, friendly service. In addition, my cousin has a gluten intolerance, so the gluten free and vegetarian options at Ivy are great for us! More recently, my family and I went for the Sunday brunch. We loved it! The spacious patio at Ivy cannot be beat! I liked that there was variety within the buffet from eggs or fresh oysters (various seafood, salad and dessert options as well). It is great to know there is a place in Burlington that provides great food and service with an enjoyable atmosphere.

1  Thank Chelsea W
Reviewed June 14, 2013

So just left Ivy bar after being rejected at the door for being 25 years old, where it clearly states on their website that Friday nights are 25+.... The young guy at the door said that the age is 27+... And then I called after checking the website and reading that it said 25+ and the girl on the phone said it was 26+ and then just hung up on me. So what is it 25,26 or 27? Train your staff properly on age restrictions.

3  Thank portutease
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have been going to IVY for quite some time because we enjoy it. However, quite often, as I leave with friends I am asked by a bouncer or 'a guy at the door', if I need a cab home. I order ice tea since I don't drink alcohol. Furthermore, my friends drink a little bit of alcohol and nobody asks them if they need a cab. However, I'm constantly targeted by the bouncer. Sometimes they even follow me all the way to my car. Its bizarre and insulting, especially since I'm a highly educated professional in the healthcare field who promotes healthy living. My friends also find this bewildering. I don't receive this type of treatment anywhere else. Are the bouncers implicating that the servers are contaminating the ice tea? Since I don't taste alcohol in the tea. Are the bouncers trying to create a rumour? I do hope this unacceptable behaviour is corrected.

Sonya

1  Thank Sonya600
Bailey E, Guest Relations Manager at Ivy Bar + Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hi Sonya,
We just wanted to shed some light on this and clarify a few things.
Our door staff that work on the front door are stationed here throughout the evening and it is impossible for them to know or keep track of what each guest orders while inside. The safety of our guests is of utmost importance, which is why they make sure to ask if a guest needs a cab on their way out. Contrary to what you might think is going on, I can assure you that our door staff approach each guest leaving Ivy for the evening in the same regard to ensure that they continue their evening safely. As a part of this, our door staff are also required to do perimeter checks every now and then of the parking lot. Our door staff are respectable trained professionals doing their jobs appropriately and will continue to ask every guest leaving for the evening, regardless of what they’ve had to drink inside, if they have a safe ride home. Safety comes first after all.